PDA

View Full Version : KFX or LTR

ECATV Raptor
10-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I am lovin the KFX and I am interested in getting one. I want to know how it compares to the LTR. I narrowed it down to getting a fuel injection bike and i have always like the Kawi's over the suzuki. I know the LTR is wide and everything but how does the KFX handle. And what kind of speed does this thing have compared to the others. I've been told the programmer, pipe and filter help a bunch. So basically will this bike be able to beat a LTR. Thanks

mod440ex
10-12-2007, 01:42 AM
depends on what you are going to be riding on. if you are going to be trail riding then the kfx will out run the ltr, but if you are going to be mxing then the ltr will beat the kfx.

i love how mine handlesin the woods, it feels like it sits low and it doesnt get tippy on me.

10-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by mod440ex
depends on what you are going to be riding on. if you are going to be trail riding then the kfx will out run the ltr, but if you are going to be mxing then the ltr will beat the kfx.

i love how mine handlesin the woods, it feels like it sits low and it doesnt get tippy on me.

why does everyone seem to think that? the ltr is no better for mx than the kfx.

mx1791
10-12-2007, 07:13 AM
out of the box it is

mod440ex
10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
its wider, has smaller tires, different powerband, and "traction control"

dont get me wrong i havent ever raced or even rode either on an mx track, but you can tell from looking at them and reading their specs that stock out of the box the ltr is better for mx and kfx is better in woods. after saying that i by no means am saying you cant take one onto either and perform really well.

Sprks450r04
10-12-2007, 07:30 AM
keep this in mind iv'e seen 4 LTR's pop in the past couple months(granted they were being raced but aren't they called the QuadRACER )

mod440ex
10-12-2007, 12:10 PM
i know that i have been extremely happy with my kfx and if i had to do it all over again i would buy it again

450raider
10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
im pleased with my kfx for my trail ridin and occasianal draggin, but i dont really think you could go wrong either way it just depends on your riding preference.

culichi
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by z400rider08
why does everyone seem to think that? the ltr is no better for mx than the kfx.

well im really sorry but it is because evrything was made for mx: the ergonomics, the low stance, the engine performace, the efi, the width, the swingarm and evrything else, even the name QUADRACER.

and the kfx was made for trails since it is geared low form factory it tells you that its for trails and its taller than the ltr. it has taller tires, and a more trail friendly power delivery.

im not saying that the kfx is bad for mx im just sayng what they were made for, in fact i want a kfx but for the dunes hahahah

troylee500se
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
i have a kfx it is a good bike but it as a big probleme that bike vibrate like hell i dont undertsand the guys that dont feel it.On a track it not that bad but on the traile it is terrible.I would buy the LTR.

FUELATV
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I have both. i have a 07 LTR450 and a 08 KFX450. I had a 06 LTR450 the day it came out. Out of the box ....... NO MODS the KFX is faster. For the dunes or MX the LTR is better no question. The KFX .... IMO .... is geared too low and need a 15 on it. The KFX450 has no top end stock. No once you start to mod it all bets are off. My KFX450 with Dasa pipe, fuelatv intake, power commander and a long travel frontend is an amazing bike. So basically pick your color ..........

ECATV Raptor
10-13-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks guys i am definitley liking the KFX. I mostly ride woods and i do like the more ground clearence on the KFX. I rode the LTR and i dont really like the feel of it. I want a good drag racing bike and the KFX sounds good. Should i hold off on the 08 model and get the 09 or arent there to many problems withthe 08.

troylee500se
10-13-2007, 05:31 PM

rob-u/21
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
You do know you posted this on a KFX forum. I'm sure if you post this on an LT-R forum you will get better reviews on the LT-R. Personally, I own an LT-R and I love it. A friend of mine has a KFX and I didn't really like it, but it could have been cause of the way he sets up his quads. So like Fuel said, pick your color. Since you say you will be riding mostly woods I think the KFX would be a better fit than the LT-R. You might also want to consider a CanAm, those look pretty cool.

reptikes
11-22-2007, 12:50 PM
KFX

Drewltr450
11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
there both awesome bikes. but seems like your mostly gona be doing trail riding so ide go with the kfx

kawi400
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
honda is faster