PDA

View Full Version : anybody have rear master cyl probs on their 06?

10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
i have bad rear master cylinder, it loses pressure just sitting there...i have followed the line and there is no leaks and my level is good. i have a stainless brake line and have bled this dang thing many times...i van never get it like it should be...anybody else experience this? just wondering if i am a lone problem or there is some others out there...

Nick110
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Mine looses its pressure quicker than it should. Every 3-5 rides I have to re-bleed the brakes and add a little fluid. I cant find a leak either and I have a SS line.

10-12-2007, 06:03 AM
i guess i am not the only one..i am ordering a new master cylinder today...

4ABURN
10-12-2007, 06:51 AM
this may not be your problem,put it happens on crfs if you are hard on the brakes or your dragging them alot. the fluid in the rear brake cylinder will boil (making its own air) then no brakes. A higher temp fluid or dot 5 might be my first try.:D

10-12-2007, 07:23 AM
it has lost pressure in the last month that i have not rode it...the last time i parked it, it had about 75% brakes, now it is down to about 5 percent...i need to stand on the dang pedal before i have brakes...i rarely use my rear brake, i use the front more and i don't drag them, i have wider pegs with kickups on my nerf bars and my feet are usually on the kick up...

and i never had this problem on the 300ex or the 400ex...plus the rear brake is a little harder for me to find on the 450 than it is on the 400ex

this is one reason that i didn't really pay too much attention to it at first