PDA

View Full Version : busted the freakin case!!!!!!!

mineralgrey01gt
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Well I did just what the title says. I was putting a new clutch cover on it and one of the dow's was bent and when I tightened it up I heard a pop and there went a chunk of the freakin case! Im so pissed right now.... I think im going to sell this motor, save up some money and just buy the motor I wanted in the first place. It can be fixed I believe but im just so aggravated right now im ready to get rid of it. So if anyone is looking for a motor for a decent price that ran awesome yesterday until the reeds messed up on me, pm me. Ill take $350 shipped for it so let me know if anyone wants it.

Aceman
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
What broke? Clutch cover or inner case?

If it's the clutch cover, you really need to chill. There really not that expensive.

If it's the inner case, you should still be really mad.

pdxbigfoot
10-11-2007, 07:10 PM
clutch cover that i will get to you cheap...let me know...J

RichM1983
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
If you busted your right side main case you can pick them up from ebay dirt cheap if you watch for it. I sold one on there at no reserve for like $20. Its really not that bad. Its just time consuming. I'm intersted in that motor though. Is the case the only problem? Would you take 350 shipped to 25071? Send me an email because I dont usually check my PMs on here that often.

mineralgrey01gt
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
it was the case, i was changing the clutch cover out on it. Sorry but the motor is already sold yall. Im saving up now for one with a 310p/v or a 330p/v. I rode my brothers minor ported and polished 250r and i just want more power :)

Aceman
10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
There is a lesson to be learned here. Don't use case bolts to pull the cases together. I put cases back together the same way I take them apart, with a little love from a rubber mallet. Then install and tighten the bolts. You would of noticed the problem right away if the cases didn't go back together very easily.

But hey, at least you're upgrading now!!:macho

mineralgrey01gt
10-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I had a rubber mallet when I was putting them together, it had just a slight gap and I put the bolt in and started to tighten it and it had a popping noise and there went the case, but like you said, i am upgrading :)