PDA

View Full Version : Delaware is definately not in PA

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Lenny and Marlin. Plug it in plug it in. Damn Camel cigarettes.

To everyone else here are some photo's of the scramble at Rausch Creek.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:36 PM
More photos. Marlin's 400

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:37 PM
More photo's. Left to right ex'r marlin, 400ex127, and Derno24

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:39 PM
The start

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Marlin and the winner of 4 stroke c

exriderdude
whoa, i like the bumper on the 400:macho

Derno24
Marlin and I think 2 balls

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:42 PM
Better shot of the bumper...

exriderdude
11-03-2002, 05:45 PM
i see hes sporting the exriders sticker on there,

looks like the bars are alittle bent;)

Pappy
11-03-2002, 06:03 PM
was an awesome time......lol...lenny...are you filling in for dernos wedding...or just the honeymoon:eek: ;) :D :blah

AtvMxRider
11-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
i see hes sporting the exriders sticker on there,

looks like the bars are alittle bent;)

That or the steering stem.:eek:

Sparks425Ex
11-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Great Pictures.

Do you have any of Racing action?

I love the Action shots

Derno24
11-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Only action shot we have isn't that great. I was riding and my fiance who was taking some of the pics didn't want to stand out in the cold.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Kenny...I think I will take one for the team on this one. I know it may be hard, but I think I will be able to handle it. By the way the food at that rest stop was pretty decent. It hasn't spoken to me yet.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 06:27 PM
lmao......yes it was good food....but i was starving so i will take yer word on it:D

maybe dave has some pics.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 06:33 PM
I guess that is why no one was complaining. Starvation makes everything taste better.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 06:36 PM
well.....lenny got his money's worth at teh "all u can eat" salad bar.....lmgdao.....:D

we need to give marlin some "pep" up pills;) he is way too mellow:eek: :blah

CHAUNCY
11-03-2002, 06:41 PM
looks pretty fun

bansheeguy77
11-03-2002, 06:45 PM
looks great...how was the track?? and was it ama sanctioned so u need the licenses and other crap?

Pappy
11-03-2002, 06:50 PM
yeah it was a district 6 points race. mike....it was in the very back section of rausch. it was a new layout from what i hear...looked like virgin trail to me. wasnt many bad uphills.....one real steep downhill. tons of sharp rocks and friggon boulders etc.

the only section i didnt like was a spot where you were on a severe angle....with a big tree on the right.....a big rock in the way.....and a 40 foot crater to the left....and yes.....there were some peopel who did end up at the bottom.

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Exriders.com guys... These Exriders are awesome... Ron (Derno24), Lenny (440ex4me) not pictured, and Kenny (400ex127)... Who does not ride a 400ex!:rolleyes:

Lol guys... I had a blast racing the hare scramble... little rocky out there, but Derno lead the way through the pile up!:macho Those Cannondales really fly... But not as fast as those 250 R's racing there... I swear those guys are not human!:) If I remember right, the guy with the fastest time out there raced a 400ex... But there was some of us making wrong turns out there!:rolleyes: Yeah, I am sure the race results would have been different if some of us did not get lost out there!

Ron, Kenney, 2 balls, and I ran the C class, while Dave (2 R's) ran his 2 stroke.... Did he run B class or Vet??

Steering stem bent... Bumper bent... Marlin out of shape... What next??

Fellow Exriders... When you are out with these guys, I bet you will not get any words in... These guys know how to tell stories, and stories, and stories!:D That's why I must of been "mellow"... But then again, I could barely move after the race!

Kenny was thinking of backing out of the race to pick up the dear that was on the side of the road... BTW, did you get it after the race??

Plug it in... LOL's... Again, you have to be with us to understand it... Then again, is it worth understanding these characters??:p

Derno has a nice setup... If he offers you to come with him, do not pass the offer!

Kenny... MS to ya! LOL!

Derno24
11-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Was that what that pile of goo was on his plate. I don't think there was much lettuce in that salad. If there was the salad drowned.

Marlin you are too kind. So you bent some stuff up on you quad. We are definately going to make this a regular thing. It was way too much fun out there. Not just the riding, but the guys too.

MS is too damn funny

bansheeguy77
11-03-2002, 06:58 PM
where did ya's eat?? and i know what ur talkin about kenny i hate those frickin holes...alot of trails around here its like that a huge straight down 75 foot hole and ur about stuck between 2 trees ya gotta hop them most of the time....if i had the $$ i woulda ran it.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 06:58 PM
lol marlin.....ms;)

yeah the pro riders are smokin fast.....

am i the only one who didnt get lost?:blah

i think they said mike craychun(sp is wrong but thats how ya pronounce it;) ) won the overall on a 400ex. :D

so....whos up for next saturday?:p me and marlin should be healed up by then:D

oh yeah.....since when did they hire a vietcong to help with course design:huh

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
looks pretty fun Oh yeah, I think we all had a great time racing... For those who raced.

Yes, it was an AMA sanctioned event.

The trails were new to me there... And I would have to agree with Kenny on that off camber trail with the "Please let me through this" approach!

I think some of us who ended up going the wrong direction maybe alittle upset... Some of the trails were not easily marked, making it easy to get off coarse.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:00 PM
mike...we ate at the exxon/food stop ...exit 105? was good eats....

oh marlin.....the damn buck was gone:grr i should have got him this morning....it was cold enough...no one would have smelled it:eek: :devil

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Vietcong??? that is so damn true. Add a little rice patties in there and it was home. Except for the snow.

Man I needed a gps at one point. I didn't even hear a quad running out there. I think I might have made it to tower city.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:02 PM
yeah....and they needed better hazzard markers....a tree sticking out set to impale a rider and quad is a hazzard in my book:macho

at the gncc....they had so many orange X markers....i could have rode the course in the dark!!! umm....i almost did:huh

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:05 PM
I might have liked riding the course in the dark, then you wouldn't have seen some of the problems around you.

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
where did ya's eat?? ....if i had the $$ i woulda ran it. Wish you were there... Even though you would have been a higher class then us. Maybe then you could have interrupted Derno, Kenny, and Lenny talking soo much!!:D

We ate at the Restaurant at exit 105... 2 miles south of where we raced off of route 81.

Well, I know there is a race in Manahawkin, New Jersey on Saturday... Hope some of us can go!! I know Ron Derno will be doing his own riding... Unless Lenny bails racing to go ride... Oh never mind... I will be nice!:) Best wishes as Ron will get hitched Saturday to Lenny... I mean Nikki:blah

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:08 PM
lmao:D yeah derno....you got a book for next weekend?:devil

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Marlin you know she is right here. Still polishing your thing, I mean trophy.

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 07:09 PM
By the way... There was a few females out there racing... And they were faster than us!

Chris Borich was there too... Cool to see him, and the other fast guys pass ya... Again, unbelievable!!!

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Where is Lenny at??? I guess he is still cleaning his quad.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:11 PM
You can only be passed if you are on the same trail.:blah

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Where is Lenny at??? I guess he is still cleaning his quad.

or trading it in on a z400:eek:

bansheeguy77
11-03-2002, 07:14 PM
so ur basically racing on trails?? is it all rocky and stuff?? i heard the 1 at dutchmen was not to rocky....i hate rocks although im good at riding them

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:16 PM
flyingdutchman is a fast ..flat track. imagine hitting the tightest ..ruffest trails at tower city...wide open:eek:

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:17 PM
This was pretty rocky, the dutchman isn't. The dutchman is more like a long mx track with alot of twists.

Kenny: or just riding on the back of one.

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:20 PM
with the exception of no creek crossing.....everything there could be found at a gncc race. was very close to what i expeirenced at the penton gncc....just wasnt as many rocks ...thank god:rolleyes:

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Guys... Did you see the action picture of Derno getting passed by a 300ex??? I just noticed it... WOW... I guess not having your tether kill switch attached is not good at the start, huh:blah

We did not do a practice lap... We ended up having a one and a half long hare scramble race throgh some open areas that had lots of rocks, to some nice tight trails with no rocks, through one water crossing, a couple mild hill climbs that caused some pile ups, to a couple of off chamber trails where you had to be careful on, through several mud puddles, through mud, some straight aways, back into some tight wooded trails.

Passing was made easy... As I know first hand as I was getting passed out there alot!:rolleyes: Just ask Ron how easy it is to pass out there!!:blah

Those who had missed it, missed a cold day of riding... with some snow on the ground, but you also missed a great ride/race with some great people out there!

Pappy
11-03-2002, 07:29 PM
i think i helped people out on every lap....lol

and i took one rock personally and threw it out of the track....yup....the one that caused the second pile up:macho nothing like getting aholed :grr and then aholed again:grr

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Kenny...I have to admit you are definitely a better man than I. Marlin will tell you that one.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Marlin: I wasn't getting passed by the 300ex just preparing for my daring pass 15 people at the same time while they all watch some guys stuck on a hill move.

Ex'r Marlin
11-03-2002, 07:50 PM
LOL's... Aholed huh??:D No wonder Kenny got 4th in Sunday's race... He was busy with the guys??:confused:

beerock
11-03-2002, 09:15 PM
marlin did you get a podium finish on the 400ex?

SWEEET!!!!!!!!!just think If I raced your 400........ and i crashed I would have had to buy a stem , bars and other things....I cant see myself sending money on other peoples bikes....Im glad you rode the 400 and kicked ***!!! :)

I had a great day riding, I dragged my friends ct310r and pulled away from him twice!!! 2 other times he beat me, but i had a flat tire.......:o

damn ohtsus........
if those tires were STEEL belted they would be the best tire out....

Hopefully ill have a set of new tires all around for my bike by next weekend, im goin with razors all around.....unlss someone heard soemthing spectaculour about the kenda knarley's

I hope theres no creek crossings at the manahawkin harescramble, if there is im screwed...... I wont be able to use my airbox.....
im using the airbox eliminator kit......
:eek:

I got my jetting dialed in and every time i play with the jetting i get more power...

im running a 182 now and its rippin, I want to try to get up to 190 and have a nice plug, I may need a needle change for that.......

im glad you all had fun!!!!!!

next sunday is my Birthday!!!!!!!!! Nov 10th.......

Derno24
11-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Happy B-day Bee...I will be in Florida so I won't have the pleasure of riding with you yet. I know Marlin and Kenny are definately looking forward to that scramble.

Marlin kicked some *** out there so I now have a high bar set for the next race we are in together.

11-03-2002, 11:19 PM
lenny...are you filling in for dernos wedding...or just the honeymoon Strange that everyoe didnt find the same humor on that idea :huh but as said in the orig post not for the ceremony, just the money countin and trip to sunny fla. :)

i think they said mike craychun(sp is wrong but thats how ya pronounce it ) won the overall on a 400ex. Was posted that Krachun (pro prod) got the overall beating the r's on the EX, but its not a 400cc.

or trading it in on a z400 Not exactly lol :)

Thanks for the use of the z400, I was wanting to check out one of these things. Deff had more power and quicker reving than the stk EX but absolutly no comparison to the c-dales and dirt liars can kiss my butt cause they are full of it. Was a very good running well rounded machine with one useless feature, reverse :) thinking back I now know why I was getting the funny looks when I had pushed it to be able to clear a tight turn rather than put her in rev. Funny but thats what you do with the EX. :( and it doesnt accelerate forward as well as skyward :rolleyes: but a good quad for a stocker.

I was trying to get Derno an aproval from the future mrs derno for some much needed suspension upgrades, and let us all know if you get permission after saturday :)

nothing like getting aholed and then aholed again I had heard one of the guys on a EX talking about nailing a c-dale in the rear, and I just knew it would be one of you guys :) :blah

unlss someone heard soemthing spectaculour about the kenda knarley's Didnt hear it but I had said it, its a great tire for this type of riding, but has a stiff compound that you wont need in the sand and though they are well priced and would work well you would get more traction (forward accel) from a 4 ply razr etc. (six ply too but not as flex on the lose stuf as the 4ply)

The major bene of the Knarly is the heavy compound and toughness. They just seem to handle most everything and I have been known to run 2 to 2.5 lb of press in them and still not had them get as flat yet (knock on wood or whatever)

Marlin kicked some *** out there so I now have a high bar set for the next race we are in together. Wonder if that could be one of the reasons the z felt so tall, I am used to and very happy with the CR low bends on mine.

Derno24
11-04-2002, 10:30 AM
I just couldn't let this thread go without a fight.:rolleyes:

Ex'r Marlin
11-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by beerock
marlin did you get a podium finish on the 400ex?SWEEET!!!!just think If I raced your 400........ and i crashed I would have had to buy a stem , bars and other things....I cant see myself sending money on other peoples bikes....Im glad you rode the 400 and kicked ***!!! :) Yep... Somehow I got a podium finish... My first one!!!:) I still do not know how I got second... I must have cheated, or everyone else got lost!

Nope... You would not have had to worry about the stem and bars... They were already bent!:macho If you would have crashed, it would have given me a good reason to put the Roll Design stem and Tag handlebars on!:D

Broque, I wish you would have raced... But I am not sure if you would have liked how rocky it was there... Much more than the sand we are so familiar with in South Jersey!

Glad to hear your R is breaking in nicely... Hope all goes well for Saturday!! See ya then!

Derno24
11-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Bump, can't let this goooooooooooooo.