PDA

View Full Version : LS OK oct 12-14th

cbrooks118
10-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone else going to be there? I should be in the Cowboy camp on a white YFZ with black rims. stop by and we'll go ride!

cjkranz
10-11-2007, 09:56 PM
we're leaving tomorrow night around 11 pm...

cbrooks118
10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
We were worried about the weather reports of high wind at 20-30mph, but the weekend was really nice. The entrance was a little choppy like always but other than that the sand was really smooth. Also all the dunes were nicely peaked and the bowls were smooth. Seems like every dune had a good place to get 6-10ft of air.

I can easily say thats the best sand conditions i have seen in a couple of years. Wasnt too crowded and camp was nice and quiet. As for the new YFZ, it ran really well. I was in the middle of the pack of the drags out there, not too bad since it was my first ride on it. A couple of good starts and i was at the front of the pack behind this extended banshee and this pesky lt450r who would get me by half a length. Ow well, more seat time will help.

I also got some air on my in-laws foreman. that was fun

NeverLiftRacing
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
my boyfriend, his bro, and dad went down for just saturday. from what they heard it rained fri. night then blew like crazy all night. but they said it was nice because the sand was like glass. they said it was pretty busy, and agreed the tops were a little peaked but he said that first dune out was a good one. said it threw him atleast 6 feet up. they had a good time.

We're headed down again this weekend if they knock that rain off sundays forecast. anyone else headed down?

cjkranz
10-15-2007, 12:59 PM
we're headed down again this weekend, going to get the RZR broke in right!!

NeverLiftRacing
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
hey cjkranz did you guys have the red rzr with the black wheels and the long travel dune buggy?

cjkranz
10-16-2007, 05:24 AM
no, that is our friend's rides. We are camped just south of them.

NeverLiftRacing
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
i would love to go for a ride in one of them longtravel's. those things look like they would be smooth over anything. you know anyone looking for a yfz. i have one for sale. 6k and it has only the best in aftermarkets. let me know.

yfz450rida
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah i was down there this past weekend real good conditions a little rain sat morning it really smoothed it out i think i saw the nice razr i had a blue yfz with a motocross set up