PDA

View Full Version : exriders finish awesome at rausch creek race

Pappy
11-03-2002, 05:11 PM
congrats to Ex'rmarlin on his 2 nd place finish
Twoballs on his 3rd place finish
me:D on my 4th place finish
derno 24 on his 8th place finish

2R's had a bad day and cut short his racing.....
zracer took 4th in 4 stroke A class.....good job!!!

was a blast.....nice meeting everyone!!!

AtvMxRider
11-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Congrats guys! Kenny how did the dale do?

Pappy
11-03-2002, 05:16 PM
the dale did great.....i was very happy.:p

Sparks425Ex
11-03-2002, 05:18 PM
Sweet. good Job. I know ya got Pics. Post them.

Taco
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
congrats to Ex'rmarlin on his 2 nd place finish
Twoballs on his 3rd place finish
me:D on my 4th place finish
derno 24 on his 8th place finish

2R's had a bad day and cut short his racing.....
zracer took 4th in 4 stroke A class.....good job!!!

was a blast.....nice meeting everyone!!!

Did you run the "Old as Dirt" class:D
j/k Good going guys:cool:

Pappy
11-03-2002, 05:33 PM
lol taco.....we all ran 4stroke C. the race was 1 1/2 hours long.

i dont have any pics......but the other fellers do:D

Pappy
11-03-2002, 05:43 PM
i swipped this pic from derno....lol

me in the middle....marlin and derno....:D http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=289078

SGA
11-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Man, what a sad looking bunch! Nah J/K. Congrates to all on their finishes.

11-03-2002, 10:38 PM
i swipped this pic from derno....lol Hey those guys look familiar :)

All of them ran hard and fast, some just a little smarter and longer than the others :D

Congrats you all great job.

465Stroker
11-04-2002, 05:33 AM
Traci & I was there. Traci finished 3rd in 4 Srtoke B, and I finished 3rd in 4 Stroke A. The track was awesome except for the poor course markings which I know lead Traci and I both astray many times - and I assume man others. I actually was running 2nd until I pitted for a front flat during the start of the last lap and got passed. I eventually caught 2nd but could not get around him for the last 3 miles. Traci ran in every positon that race she said with a poor start she worked her way up to 3rd - even after helping roll somone roll his quad over that had him pinned to the ground during the last lap. We talked to the owner/promoter and he will have better markings & definately a while flag for the next race. 400EX127 - I thought I saw your quad. I would have been walking around visiting - but I was trying to stay toasty next to my propane heater in the trailer!! Brrr - It was cold out.

11-04-2002, 08:16 AM
would have been walking around visiting - but I was trying to stay toasty next to my propane heater in the trailer!! Brrr - It was cold out.

It would have been cool to meet more of the members but even better to have been hanging around that heater :)

QuadRacer041
11-04-2002, 01:00 PM
sorry i couldnt make it looks like everyone had fun.
kenny how did the course run?did it use any of the mx or quad tracks??

Pappy
11-04-2002, 01:20 PM
lou....none of the mx track was utilized........all woods !!!

465 stroker....i meet you and traci...sort of...lmao:p i walked over while you were talking to harlen(z400) i was the one with the big bag of deer jerky:D

she ran awesome.....i got to see her start but that was it....traci was flyin!!!

well...maybe next time someone tell these folks when they wreck....not to do it in front of me;) i cant help but stop and see if they are ok:)

two_baaalls
11-04-2002, 02:43 PM
My first race.. 3rd place isnt bad is it? Nice meeting you guys, thanks for the support!!

11-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Ok i was wonderin where this thread was...
yeah congrats Vic,..glad to see you did good ..
I think you may have gotten a second if you didn't stop a lil early..
& It was nice to see ya again,,...is this you & kenny?
or maybe my bud Ken...not sure rt now ?

two_baaalls
11-04-2002, 03:09 PM
I think I would have too. I've been kicken myself in the arse ever since. I went to look for your info in the race results, but they pulled them for a dispute.

Nope, not me in the pic. Wheres your next race? My wife is syched now that I brought home the trophy.

11-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Vic ,..now that you have brought up your wife ,,,
my other half was glad
I didn't destroy her plastic..:(
funny thing is she said nothing bout the large bruises on my
legs :confused: .....

Pappy
11-04-2002, 04:59 PM
hey vic....you were like 3 mins ahead of me and i was almost exactly 10 mins behind marlin.....i think next time i will not stop unless there are body parts in the trail:macho

QuadTrix6
11-04-2002, 05:08 PM
congrats guys way to represent the site

Pappy
11-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
congrats guys way to represent the site

thanks ......

i dunno how well i represent any thing.....the first thing i screamed when i shut my quad off was...."SOMEONE GET ME A BEER":eek: :devil

Ex'r Marlin
11-04-2002, 08:27 PM
Vic... Great meeting you! I have no problem handing the 2nd place trophy over to you... Sounds like you and Kenny beat me then! I don't doubt it one bit... You guys were flying!!

I had alot of fun racing... First time since the o'l accident!:)

I too wished I would have met more of the racers out there... I got to meet Kenny and Vic... Zracer (he passed me a couple of times!):rolleyes: And I too saw Traci... What a nice 300 she has! I like her sticker on the back of the air box... No Tail.

Like 465 stroker said... There was some poor trail markings. I think this may have been to the reason I finished 2nd?? I bet the rankings would have been different if none of paused to second guess the direction, or actually went the wrong way!

BTW... I had a great time... A little chilly out... Glad I did not camp out in the tent!!

BTW... I had the honors of riding in class to the race... Derno24, his fiance (Nikki), and Lenny (440ex4me).

This was my first podium finish... No trophy girls to hand out kisses?? :huh

Pappy
11-04-2002, 08:30 PM
yeah right marlin.....lmao.....you were way ahead....i geuss nice guys can finish first...or in your case second:p and didnt you do 5 laps? if so.....you can add 24 mins to vics time as well as mine;)

Derno24
11-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey guys can someone help me find my way out of the woods please. Those trail markings sucked especially the one that was off the straight away that cut left. I blew past that one in 4th gear before I realized I missed the turn I had gone about a mile. Race got awfully quite then.

Oh well I still had fun. I still have to clean everything yet.

Marlin is Traci the one who was in line behind us???:confused:

Just curious. Kenny how was that liver and onions?

Pappy
11-04-2002, 09:43 PM
was some mighty fine vittles;)

Derno24
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
I am definately smelling some new elka's. I just have to pull the trigger. Kenny how come now shock covers on yours??

Pappy
11-04-2002, 09:52 PM
one cover in the jeep....the other on my work bench at home:macho

465Stroker
11-05-2002, 04:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
[B] And I too saw Traci... What a nice 300 she has! I like her sticker on the back of the air box... No Tail.

The sticker says "No Toil" as in Not Toil Air Filters & Oil..... No biggy though.
400ex127 - Introduce yourself next time - It would have been nice to get ta know ya & the other guys.

ZRacer
11-05-2002, 06:22 AM
Hey Congrats on the 3rd, and Sorry for Rear ending you Hard on the one of many missed turns in the first lap. I got rear ended and pushed into you, my exhaust pipe got bent slightly. I finished 4th, but I thought I was in last place because I took a wrong path in the second lap and ended up repeating a section of the course, and I had to repass several riders I already had passed, so I figured I was doomed. On the last lap my Z shut off on me for about 30 seconds for no reason and I saw I had a rear flat. Then it started up like nothing was wrong. I hope this doesn't happen in a national next year.

Anyway, I wish I could have rode with you because that would have been fun. I heard that Mike Krachun and Chris Borich basically trail rode at the end together.

Rick are you moving up to PRO next year or are you going to stay in 4stk mod?

11-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Its a good thing I wasnt there or it would have been embarrasing for you all:macho

Pappy
11-05-2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Beerookie
Its a good thing I wasnt there or it would have been embarrasing for you all:macho

you said it not me:devil

465Stroker
11-05-2002, 06:38 AM
I will be racing 4 Stroke Mod again next year on a Cannondale.
The first lap was basically a trail ride. After we (2 & 4 Stroke A)blew a few turns in the beginning everything slowed down till we all figured out how the track layout was. I ended up kinking my throttle cable on the first lap while busting thru some veins to get back on track. This made it really difficult to keep the throttle from sticking. My hands were frozen, plus the extra effort to keep the q I am a little bummed about the no white flag rule since I was right behind second on the last lap - oh well....

Pappy
11-05-2002, 06:40 AM
yeah...what was up with no white flag? heck i didnt even see the green and white for half way...lol:p

465Stroker
11-05-2002, 06:40 AM
I will be racing 4 Stroke Mod again next year on a Cannondale.
The first lap was basically a trail ride. After we (2 & 4 Stroke A)blew a few turns in the beginning everything slowed down till we all figured out how the track layout was. I ended up kinking my throttle cable on the first lap while busting thru some veins to get back on track. This made it really difficult to keep the throttle from sticking. My hands were frozen, plus the extra effort to keep the quad from getting aways from me with the sticking throttle was a chore - my forearms are still pumped from trying to hold on. I am a little bummed about the no white flag rule since I was right behind second on the last lap - oh well....

11-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127

SOMEONE GET ME A BEER":eek: :devil

Make that 2...:devil

Derno24
11-05-2002, 07:53 AM
I'll take a six pack...:devil

Actually I will have to post a pic of my frig. I have no food and about 6-7 cases of beer and 3 more cases in the basement. Anyone for a party this weekend???:eek: