PDA

View Full Version : not sucking fuel anymore HELP

mineralgrey01gt
10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok, I finally fired up my 250R for the first time last night, the slide was stuck wide open in the carb and when it cranked it was loud as hell but it ran fine, I unstuck the slide and it idled great until it ran out of gas. Now today I tried to start it again with fresh fuel in it and it will not fire back up. I have perfect spark, couldnt ask for any better spark than it has. Now when i was putting the carb back on this morning, the little tubular piece on the side of the idle/choke knob broke clean off. Will that affect it any? Its a stock carb and I have a 38mm coming in this week so I wasnt too worried about it. What would yall think is wrong with it? Possibly reeds?

Now heres another question I have. I put the chain on it and was going to attempt to push start it, i put it in gear and held in the clutch and when I let go of the clutch, it didnt even hesitate rolling like it was in gear. Do yall think the clutches are stuck? This is the first time the motor been fooled with in about 6 months. I put tranny fluid in it and let it soak to try to free up the clutches and lube them back up but maybe that didnt work? I have to change the clutch cover regardless so ill look tomorrow and see what I can see but I wanted to ask yall what yall thought about it.

Scott-300ex
10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Welcome to quading. LoL.

Good luck.