PDA

View Full Version : CDI box & Rev box

charger90
10-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I bought a HRC kit for my 07 450ER. It came with the CDI box. Is there any difference between that and a Rev box? Will there be more RPMs with a rev box? Also I have a K&N (no lid) and a HMF slip on with the HRC kit, I'm looking for some more power. What the most cost effecient way to get this? And another question, will race fuel make a difference power wise as opposed to 93 octane?

HB-Roost
10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
From my experience.....

Racing fuel will make no difference in your bike, other than smell and much more money.

Where do you want more power at? If you are looking for a broader range of power, you could try a different cam for what you are looking for, or get some head porting done. (If you are interested in spending the extra on race fuel, you could always go with high compression, but any piston will do a little also).

Your bike is running the harness right now. IMO, don't change it. From what I have seen most rev boxes are garbage, and the ones that are nice are expensive and can actually be worse than the green wire mod/hrc harness setup. Two of my buddies have bikes setup the same with the exception of exhausts (Sparks vs. Rossier), with one running the green wire mod and one with a vortex ignition. The bike with just the green wire mod done is faster on the top no matter which rider. That tells me that the green wire mod is just as good if not better than an aftermarket system.

charger90
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
i want my power to be good for the dunes. i was running a 14 tooth with my setup but my 13 seems a little better. what do u guys think about that as well.