Tonyw
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
i wanna build one these bad mofos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzBOrBencco&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlysvoIO-IE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyNwcO98UM0&mode=related&search=

trx400EXtreme
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
those things are sick!!! especially that first one.

Tonyw
10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
ya i found r1 motor with ecm and wireing with free shiping on ebay for $899 make one cool toy

Robin Hood
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't like how the pipe is set up on the last one, but I definitely want one now.

07250ex
10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
doesnt even hold a spark to my 250ex nevermind a candle .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................:devil:

450Rchaser
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
It would be nice to see some vids of them actually gettin some speed up. Not just reving the motor.

pro-rider46
10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
the first one. dont sound like r1 engines. they sound like the honda rc51 bike engines. and quads that get up to extreme speeds often go airbourne like a plane.

ZWILLETT47
10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
the first one. dont sound like r1 engines. they sound like the honda rc51 bike engines. and quads that get up to extreme speeds often go airbourne like a plane.

I am disagreeing with you...but how do you know, "quads that get up to extreme speeds often go airbourne like a plane"?

What is extreme speed?
Have you seen some quad go airbourne?
You used the word "Often" have you seen quad go airbourne more than once?

I agree at a high speed they will probably start to fly. Just wondering what speed that tends to start happening at???????

Scro
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I was reading that the land speed record for an atv was something like 160 or so. I believe it was raptor. The article didn't mention it trying to go airbourne...how much more extreme speed do you need?

pro-rider46
10-11-2007, 02:52 PM
ok often is some wrong wording. but its very possible to get a quad 160. but it probably was all stretched out and a inch of the ground. a raptor in stock trim will probably want to flip at 160, if was going to do this ( which i want to) i woul gear it down for extreme acceleration. and extreme speeds in my mind are about 185. i wasnt trying to dicredit the builders of the quads at all if it seemed like it was getting across that way

Scro
10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
ok often is some wrong wording. but its very possible to get a quad 160. but it probably was all stretched out and a inch of the ground. a raptor in stock trim will probably want to flip at 160, if was going to do this ( which i want to) i woul gear it down for extreme acceleration. and extreme speeds in my mind are about 185. i wasnt trying to dicredit the builders of the quads at all if it seemed like it was getting across that way

Wasn't streched I don't believe, but it might as well have been scraping the ground:D

beaker1214
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
It would be nice to see some vids of them actually gettin some speed up. Not just reving the motor.
NO joke the burn outs where cool but they never went past first gear to show how it would really run

Flyin-Low
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
If it were possible to make ATVs road legal in my area.. I would have build one of those A LONG time ago haha..

-Martin

Aceman
10-11-2007, 05:41 PM
They put a 1000cc engine in a raptor so they could troll the local gas station and drive it up and down the street. What's the point?

trxwannbe
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
the speed record of which you speek was set by a raptor with a built raptor 660 motor with a rocket strapped on it and the record was officially 152 because he couldn't make any consecutive passes at 160 to make it a record