PDA

View Full Version : 400 Ex stock exhaust Questions

soda7o
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
hi,
currently i am running this exhaust set up
hmf slip-on
fmf powerbomb header
i dont mind the sound it makes infact i thinkits nice but places where i ride they dont liek it as much as i do..
my question is: can i keep the headers and put bakc the stock after exhasut instead of the hmf slip-on?
if not what are my options? what other after market exhaust is availabel that woudl fit the fmf powerbomb headers but is nice and is lower in noise level?

thanks

trx400EXtreme
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
buy the HMF quit core. 20 bucks and makes a huge difference.

soda7o
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
buy the HMF quit core. 20 bucks and makes a huge difference.
i have it.. still kinda loud
looking for very minimal sound..

trx400EXtreme
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by soda7o
i have it.. still kinda loud
looking for very minimal sound.. ahh, i see. on that note i am 90% sure that the powerbomb is the same size as a stock header, so yes the stock exhaust should fit.

10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I've always wondered if it was worth it to buy the powerbomb header. I have stock headers and an HMF slip on but want more power. Is the powerbomb add much more HP if the headers are still the same size?

soda7o
10-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I've always wondered if it was worth it to buy the powerbomb header. I have stock headers and an HMF slip on but want more power. Is the powerbomb add much more HP if the headers are still the same size?

honestly it was on the quad when i bought it.. i am sure the headers are not the same size as stock.. only the outlet (slip on connecter part) for the exhaust is the same..
time to look for a stock exhaust

10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I have a spare stock exhaust. Everything is fine on it, it was taken off because my brother bought an HMF shortly after buying his 400ex. Are you going to sell your HMF or no?

soda7o
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I have a spare stock exhaust. Everything is fine on it, it was taken off because my brother bought an HMF shortly after buying his 400ex. Are you going to sell your HMF or no?

i might keep it around.. some trials i ride the loud ixhaust is OK but others they ***** at me.. so i can alwasy just prep the Quad with the exhaust depending where i am going to ride..
le tme know how much

fmftrx300ex
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
instead of puting a stock pipe on put an fmf quiet core pipe on or somthing like that.. if u change ur muffler back and forth your gunna need to rejet evertime and thats a pain!!!