PDA

View Full Version : Attention Please Read Stolen Quad Information

tim colston
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Did anyone have a Suzuki LTR450 stolen from ohio, specificaly the West Milton or surrounding area? I may know where it is at. It is an 06 yellow looks to be pretty stock machine.

I found out who the machine belongs too and him, i , and the perry township police are going to his place tonight. This stupid gutter rat theif thinks I am coming to buy this quad tonight.

CHALK ONE UP FOR THE GOOD GUYS.

ONE LESS THEIF OUT THERE.

Ghost-Rider
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Hopefully he gets caught, but it would suck if your trying to sell a quad that really was yours then have cops show up and you would have to explain...

tim colston
10-10-2007, 01:10 PM
He is caught. I updated my original post

450r ride red
10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
thats the way you do it :blah:

tim colston
10-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Long story short ::::

have worked on this for about 48 hrs from start to finish and finally found out. I must have called every dealership in ohio. The stupid *** gave me the vin number, because I told him i wouldn't buy it unless i could research it first. It obviously came back stolen and I started calling suzuki dealerships and found one that would give me the name of the original owner. Not that easy of a task because that isn't public info. I finally got the owners name and now comes the task of tracking this dude down. Well I paid a internet service to track this dude down and some of his relatives so I could get ahold of him to tell him the good news. I finally get a hold of this kids mom and tell her the story and give her my number and he calls me back . Happy would be an understatement, poor kid didn't insure it and is still making payments on it. Alls well that ends well. Hopefully i scored some points with the big guy upstairs.

Pappy
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Way to go TIM!!!!!

tim colston
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Way to go TIM!!!!!

Thanks I just hope someone would do it form me if I was to ever get ripped off. I can't wait to see this kids face tonight. 5:30 can't come quick enough for me.

Raptor68
10-10-2007, 02:28 PM
That's awesome...nice job!

TRFOXX
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Hope the thief gets what he deserves! Great work Tim! Wonder what else he has in that barn back there? This guy is already on probation! Hope he goes down!!

insaneracin2003
10-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Great Job Tim!!! The world needs more people like you.....

ZeroLogic
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Way to go TIM!!!!!
:macho :macho

07250ex
10-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
Thanks I just hope someone would do it form me if I was to ever get ripped off. I can't wait to see this kids face tonight. 5:30 can't come quick enough for me.

you sir are a good egg =]

54warrior
10-11-2007, 05:28 AM
So did they get the guy for sure or not???

Nice detective work Matlock!

TRFOXX
10-11-2007, 07:24 AM
OH Yeah! Tim found a MAJOR theft ring going on! Ill let him tell you guys the story. Lots of machines recovered!

54warrior
10-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Glad to hear that!!

tim colston
10-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Well here goes. It was great I ended up meeting up with this kids dad, the one who quad was stolen, at speedway in our town. The brookville police and the perry township police where there. Well after two fricking hrs @ speedway, they had to get coffee and donuts no lie, I kept telling the cops we need to act now this kids in getting sketchy, calling me and such, so let do this. So long story short me and my computer and cell phone brought down a crime ring. They found upwards of 20k of stolen machines in this little ****ers garage. Consisting of 4 250cc dirtbikes 1 50cc and 1 quad. 2 BOWs and some other mics. stuff. Well the cops arrive and this punk starts singing like a bird, the cop said that he wouldn't let them get a word in. After they left they were going to his partners house in west milton oh. to get more stolen property. It was 3 kids that went on a crime spree, direct quote from the douche. I got a call this moringing from the kids father that got the bike stolen and he said they found 40k of stolen machines in the degenerates house in west milton. They also found the third person that had jumped bail on a theft charge, he was staying with this idiot in west milton. So all and all Me and my little computer a lot of leg work and a cell phone, got back over 60k worth of stolen property and busted a 3 delinquints of whom are all being federally charged. The ****ing FBI is involved now so needless to say these boys are going away for a long time. Pay it forward baby.

Now if anyone cares he is this little douche bags myspace pages showing him riding the stolen quad. truley funny stuff

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=195178826

meankfx
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
glad to see hes caught

54warrior
10-11-2007, 09:25 AM
You deserve a reward of some kind. Even if every person who had something stolen chips in only $10, you'd have a few hundred bucks I'd say.

tim colston
10-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I just want a couple of points with the big guy upstairs and maybe it will keep me and my quad buddies **** from being stolen. I really wanted to get that 50 cc mini back to the little kid that it was stolen from.

300exOH
10-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Excellent job Tim. You get an official pat on the back. It's a shame that a civilian has to do the work the police should be doing to begin with though. $60K worth of stolen goods is no chump change. I wonder how long the cops will mess around before returning the stolen property to it rightful owner(s)?

Way to school the police on how good detective work is done.;) :macho

tim colston
10-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Excellent job Tim. You get an official pat on the back. It's a shame that a civilian has to do the work the police should be doing to begin with though. $60K worth of stolen goods is no chump change. I wonder how long the cops will mess around before returning the stolen property to it rightful owner(s)?

Way to school the police on how good detective work is done.;) :macho

I know that the LTR450 was retuned to the owner last night. I hope they don't drag their feet on getting the others back to the owners.

300exOH
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
I know that the LTR450 was retuned to the owner last night. I hope they don't drag their feet on getting the others back to the owners.

I guess it depends on the officers working on the case. I've heard some people say they got their property right away and others who waited months or even years. A good follow up to the situation might be to talk to the police and urge them to return the items as fast as possible. A story like this would make for some good press for the atv community. Nice change from all the stories about the bad things people do with/on atv's. Maybe someone should let the tv/newspaper media know about this.

tim colston
10-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I guess it depends on the officers working on the case. I've heard some people say they got their property right away and others who waited months or even years. A good follow up to the situation might be to talk to the police and urge them to return the items as fast as possible. A story like this would make for some good press for the atv community. Nice change from all the stories about the bad things people do with/on atv's. Maybe someone should let the tv/newspaper media know about this.

true it would be some good press for ONCE

chris46250r
10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
First off CONGRATS to you.:D I was in a similar situation once and me and a couple more did the dirty work for the cops. A friend of mine got a bike stolen that he had advertised in Wheels and Deals. The dude test rode it then took off on it. It was one of them deals where he needed the bike delivered to him, his turf. About a month passed and nothing from the police yet so we took over. We called the dude back since we had his cell # and acted like we were returning his call about a 400ex. He believed it since he called so many people. Same situation, we delivered but we also had an undercover cop in the truck with us. He was arrested on site and we went through night court that very night. He was fresh out of jail on probation when he stole the bike so his ***** went back to prison for a little longer term. And luck was still on our side a couple months later when we found the bike in the Wheels and Deals for sale, still looking exactly like it did the day it got stolen. We went and looked at the bike, with title in hand, with a cop on stand by down the road. We checked the VIN and made a call to the cops cell phone and took the bike home with us that night. We later found out that the dude that stole the bike was involved in a big stolen bike/atv ring in the Nashville, TN area.

tim colston
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
GREAT ^^^ good to see the f ers go down.

chris46250r
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
GREAT ^^^ good to see the f ers go down.

The best part of it all was seeing the dudes face when he realized who I was. I was at the bike stealing with a cap on like I always am. I'm 35 years old but with a cap on I look all of 18. When we set him up I went without a cap because the owner of the bike, my friend, well there just aint no way to make him look different if you know what I mean. Since someone had to be there on the scene to identify this dude and only me and my friend could do that, I went in with the cop. Let me put it like this, all the hair you see on my head with a cap is all the hair you will see on my head without a cap. When dude was down on the ground with that 250+ pound cop on top of him putting the cuffs on, I reached in the truck and put my cap on and looked at dude and smiled and said "hey you remember me".

TRFOXX
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Tim this needs to be reported to the News Channels! They will eat this up! And make are atv club look pretty sweet! Maybe Brookville and Perry/Clay Township will get off our backs a little?

tim colston
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I just sent a tip about it to the dayton daily so we will see. They may still be rounding up criminals and collecting evidence.

chris46250r
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
^^^^ member of the month ^^^^:D

Ghost-Rider
10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
This is Tim on a hard day of detective work,
http://www.twentysix.net/HLM507W/nypdblue_hd_sd_comp.jpg
But on a more serious note good job on busting those idiots !

tim colston
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
This is Tim on a hard day of detective work,
http://www.twentysix.net/HLM507W/nypdblue_hd_sd_comp.jpg
But on a more serious note good job on busting those <insert rule #3 breakage>

Man the camera sure does add 15lbs like they say.

MOFO
10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Long story short ::::

have worked on this for about 48 hrs from start to finish and finally found out. I must have called every dealership in ohio. The stupid *** gave me the vin number, because I told him i wouldn't buy it unless i could research it first. It obviously came back stolen and I started calling suzuki dealerships and found one that would give me the name of the original owner. Not that easy of a task because that isn't public info. I finally got the owners name and now comes the task of tracking this dude down. Well I paid a internet service to track this dude down and some of his relatives so I could get ahold of him to tell him the good news. I finally get a hold of this kids mom and tell her the story and give her my number and he calls me back . Happy would be an understatement, poor kid didn't insure it and is still making payments on it. Alls well that ends well. Hopefully i scored some points with the big guy upstairs.

Wow! Great job! Thank you for sticking in there and helping that kid out - you did a great thing here and I'm sure he will never forget it. What goes around comes around...

Member of the month? I'd go for member of the year! I have a major sore spot for people like that scum bag.

tim colston
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Wow! Great job! Thank you for sticking in there and helping that kid out - you did a great thing here and I'm sure he will never forget it. What goes around comes around...

Member of the month? I'd go for member of the year! I have a major sore spot for people like that scum bag.

You and I both MOFO

400exrider707
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Great job Tim, it still amazes me how many people leave stuff around to be stolen so easily though... Some people just make it waaay to easy for the criminals...

This truly is some sweet news, its not too often you hear stories like these.

WhiteYFZ
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
wow man, nice work! im sure it will come back to you one day

ZeroLogic
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Great work! He looks like a scum bag. His girl is fatter than a blimp too!

mat1977
10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I really wanted to get that 50 cc mini back to the little kid that it was stolen from. [/B][/QUOTE] Thats the best thing I've ever read on this sight! Good job,man:)

CRich[814]
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
tim, A+. not many other people would spend that much time and their own money to find this kid just to get his machine back. you are the man.

416exfreak
10-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Deff. scored props with me Tim. I hate thieves, and especially ones who steal quads and dirtbikes.

You did a great thing dude, and that guy is a douche bag. He thinks he's cool because he can do a "big *** standing wheelie"...lmao....fxcking nubs.

ricksmx865
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
dude... good job.... amazing what you did for someone you didnt even know!

mad respect for ya bro

Lethalhonda2
10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Great Job Tim...We need more people in this world like you.You hear too many stories of quads getting stolen and thats where the story ends, nice to hear a story end in a positive way.I second the "Member of the Year"