View Full Version : 07 400 Ex

SiK^_^
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
HEY GUYS HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THE SITE AND I LIKE HOW DETAILED ALOT OF YOU ARE WITH THINGS THE SITE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD PLACE TO COME FOR HELP TO,

MY QUESTION IS I JUST BOUGHT A 07 400EX I GOT NERF BARS FOR IT ALREADY AND I HAVE ABOUT 700 MORE TO SPEND WHAT ARE SOME OF THE FIRST THINGS I SHOULD GET FOR IT AND IF YOU CAN POST THE LINKS WHERE I CAN GET IT THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS,
STEVE

espergre
10-10-2007, 07:49 AM
First - you are from Iowa so I don't think you have any dunes/sand around. If you do, get sand paddles first. You only need rears, fronts work ok. $150 can get you a set.

Most people put a slip on pipe as their first upgrade. HMF sport series has been very popular lately for its great performance for least money. A pipe will make your quad sound more powerful more than anything.

If you are looking for the best cheap performance upgrade then an aftermarket air filter like a UNI foam(<$30) or a K&N (~$30)are great. Stick with UNI foam if you are gonna be riding around any water. I would recommend getting an outerwear(~$10) for any filter you use.

With a new pipe and air filter you will need to get your carburetor rejetted. This is a simple process that will baffle you at first. Jets can be bought for less than $3 each. I would recommend a complete keihen jet kit from www.jetrus.com for $30. Also buy a 42 slow/pilot jet. You might want your dealer to rejet for you.

If you want looks instead of performance, get a new bumper and maybe some skid plates. These can be pricey but look sweet and help protect your machine. Check out ebay for a bunch of items and cheaper prices, look out for cheap quality tho. GOOD LUCK!

dustin_j
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I would get swingarm skid plate for sure (if you ride any trails) and then like espergre said you can go for performance (pipe, filter, jets) or more protection (and looks) (bumper, skids). Ebay and the classifieds section on this site are good places to start.

Also, where in Iowa are you at?

SiK^_^
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Im in Cedar Rapids where are you located?

honda8&3
10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Go to this site and buy some skid plates. .250 Swingarm skid, .190 Chassis skid. Desert grab bar, and a bumper.
400 dollars.
http://prm-atv.com/
Or for a little bit cheaper but still great skid plates go to this site and get some armadillo skid plates. Awesome price quality skid plates.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/

Then get an exhaust from this place and a jet kit.

https://hmfengineering.com/

10-10-2007, 04:23 PM
i would do skids plates first, protect your investment...
then do suspension before an performance mods...a better suspension will out perform any performance mod you can think of...

honda8&3
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i would do skids plates first, protect your investment...
then do suspension before an performance mods...a better suspension will out perform any performance mod you can think of...

Definetly:)