PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using these? FASSTCO Bar Inserts

tank69
10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
http://www.fasstco.com/products/insert.shtml

Do they really make a difference? For $60, it's not a bad deal if they work just a little bit.

trx400EXtreme
10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
ive been doin research on these things too. i went to there website and read all the reveiws people wrote and every one of them gave them 5 stars, so im thinkin about gettin' a set.

10-10-2007, 08:07 PM
what do you guys think is better flexx bars or pro taper?

tank69
10-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
what do you guys think is better flexx bars or pro taper?

I hear alot of good reviews about the Flexx bars but I can't justify the cost. I think $300 for a set of bars is little unjustified, but I may get them someday once I'm done with everything else. I have the Pro-Taper SE bars, the ones with the crossbar, simply because they are the highest bars I could find. I do have a set of 1 1/8" Pro-Tapers I plan on trying, but even with the 2" over stem, I think they are going to be shorter than the 7/8" bars.

Maybe if I rode a bike with Flexx bars, I'd have a better feeling about sinking $300 on them. The bars I am using were $40 and if I buy the inserts, I'll have $100 total in them. I usually do 100+ mile desert races and my hands go numb every now and then, if the Flexx bars help significantly, I'll buy them.

10-11-2007, 05:47 AM
yeah i'm one of those people who likes to try the product or know someone that tried others and like 1 best before I spend the money on it.

89dc240
10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh man, my boy got the Fasst bars on his raptor, and I couldn't feel a thing. It was so smooth I thought I was drivin at worst over a bumpy road on a Goldwing. $300 though, a bit ridiculous. It'd be nice if drag specialties carries them. 10% over cost is a beautiful thing, lol.

Flynbryan19
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I've said it before..... If you can get flexx bars used go for it. If you have to pay full price for them, then no its not worth it. I have a set and this is what I did.

05Z400rdr
10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I have to say that in my opinion, it would be worth payong the full price for the Fasst Flexx Bars. If you think about it, they have no competition that has anything even cloe to their bar. They are a great product. You'll deffinately be happier with Flexx. Fasst Company (http://www,fasstco.com) Read all of the reviews that there is on the bars, they are truley a great product; they are better than any other bar out there, and if you are really into any type of racing, I highly suggest them.

Landon

10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
If only there was a company to compete and make something along their designs just a little different due to patents on the Flexx but then Flexx would lower their prices due to competition. I can't see paying $300 for bars.

05Z400rdr
10-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. That is pricey for a bar, but in my opinion they would be worth it. It's very nice being sponspred by them; I do have to say. And if you don't have the money, then the Bar inserts sound like they work really good, even though I have never had them.

Landon

10-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Is it necessary to race to get sponsered? MY friend got sponsered for stunting but I just like to ride fast with friends not racing around an mx track. I was just wondering what the requirements are. I would open a sponserhouse or send some emails out to companies

250rmike
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
have any of you tried filling your bars with silicone? back in the day it was supposed to be a good way of reducing vibrations but i never got a chance to try it. you could also try using oury grips if your getting numbness the are big and thick witha soft compnd rubber that helps reduce vibrations. i used to use them on all my bikes when i rode trails mainly

05Z400rdr
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try sending a resume to them.

mx1791
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i just cant feel a difference with flexx bars over fat bars. not worth it imo

300ex mxracer
10-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Before i got flexx bars, i would get arm pump pretty bad periodically. i got the bars last winter and to this day have yet to get even the faintest armpump. they were worth the 300 dollars for me.

yfzttracer76
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
This isnt exactly related but does anyone here have the Quadtech hump seats. Do they help?