PDA

View Full Version : any docs around here? I have a bump

firefighterjosh
10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
On my left hand I have a small bump. Maybe as big as a pencil eraser. It moves around somewhat, It hurts some of the time. When I twist my wrist foward it turns my skin white it presses so hard. Then it hurts really bad. When I push on it I can kinda move it around, and its hard. I was thinking of cutting it out myself but its way under the skin. Like on my muscel. Its right about where my pinky tenden run threw.

WTF is it?:scary: I need to go to the doc i belive

could it be a sist (sp?)

Pappy
10-09-2007, 11:15 PM
sounds like a cist or lithoma...just have it checked out next trip to the docs.

300exOH
10-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I agree with pap...probably a gangleon cist(sp). My wife just had one removed from her wrist last week and her symptoms were almost exactly as you described. I wouldn't cut it out yourself though. There are way too many tendons and nerves in the wrist to be messing around with it like that. Have the doc check it out.

firefighterjosh
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
i looked up on google and it says a cyst will go away with time.

With working a office job, and racing quads I am sure that dont help.

I will go to the doc and make sure its nothign serious though. You can never be too safe.

BTW I was joking about cutting it out lol:macho

300exOH
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

I will go to the doc and make sure its nothign serious though. You can never be too safe.

I'm not too sure about them going away with time. My wife had hers for at least 2 years and it only got worse the longer she waited. She works an office job too and typing only aggravated it more...and riding was even more painful for her.

She was told to take a nice big book like a bible or dictionary and slam it on the cyst to break it loose but I wouldn't suggest it.:eek2:

I kind of figured you were joking about cutting it out but I thought I should say something just in case. lol

She ended up having surgery to remove it and only missed about 3 days of work.
She did get a nice little battle scar for her trouble.

firefighterjosh
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I'm not too sure about them going away with time. My wife had hers for at least 2 years and it only got worse the longer she waited. She works an office job too and typing only aggravated it more...and riding was even more painful for her.

She was told to take a nice big book like a bible or dictionary and slam it on the cyst to break it loose but I wouldn't suggest it.:eek2:

I kind of figured you were joking about cutting it out but I thought I should say something just in case. lol

She ended up having surgery to remove it and only missed about 3 days of work.
She did get a nice little battle scar for her trouble.

I have enough scares lol.

Are you serious about using a book or something? I tried moving it and breaking it apart today when I was bored. But it just hurt very badly

300exOH
10-10-2007, 12:03 AM
I have enough scares lol.

Are you serious about using a book or something? I tried moving it and breaking it apart today when I was bored. But it just hurt very badly

I was told this by a couple of people(none of them were docs/nurses) but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Of course the people who suggested it never really said if it works. The wifey considered the book thing when she found out it would require surgery but like you said it was too painful. Even just resting it on a desk hurt so I'm sure the book would only hurt more. Plus if it doesn't work then it might hurt even worse. If it isn't a cyst you could be whacking yourself with a book for no reason. lol

gncc025
10-10-2007, 12:05 AM
id get a needle and bust it.http://www.quadstuntz.com/forum/images/smiles/078.gif :scary:

firefighterjosh
10-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I was told this by a couple of people(none of them were docs/nurses) but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Of course the people who suggested it never really said if it works. The wifey considered the book thing when she found out it would require surgery but like you said it was too painful. Even just resting it on a desk hurt so I'm sure the book would only hurt more. Plus if it doesn't work then it might hurt even worse. If it isn't a cyst you could be whacking yourself with a book for no reason. lol

lol, i have a race this weekend. I am really considering the book.

:p

300exOH
10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
lol, i have a race this weekend. I am really considering the book.

:p

Hehe...let me know how it works out. Make sure you take video of you slamming it with a book...should be good for a few laughs. J/K If yours hurts the way my wifes did I should hear you all the way over here in ohio.

After seeing how painful it was for her I'd hate to think how it would feel after a race. Even just a short run around the back 40 would have her in pain for the whole next day.

firefighterjosh
10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Hehe...let me know how it works out. Make sure you take video of you slamming it with a book...should be good for a few laughs. J/K If yours hurts the way my wifes did I should hear you all the way over here in ohio.

After seeing how painful it was for her I'd hate to think how it would feel after a race. Even just a short run around the back 40 would have her in pain for the whole next day.

lol...mine isnt that bad ...yet. It hurts off and on. Ussually only when I bend it a certain way. I ussually forget about it till i move my hand.

I couldn't find a big enough book at work so I just took my car keys and used them liek chop sticks and tried to, well kinda pop it lol. Now it just hurts and it looks like i got bit by a small shark:scary:

O well I will see what the doc has to say:ermm: He will prally say "it will go away" then 8 visits later "here is some medicine" then 8 visits and thousands of non needed money paid "lets cut it out"

jcv400ex
10-10-2007, 05:26 AM

Does it burn when you pee?

Titanium
10-10-2007, 10:26 AM
funny story just the other day i got a sedaceous cyst on my on my butt. i could barely sit down it hurt so bad. so i told my dad(doctor) about it and he said that eventually over time it would head out like an ingrown hair almost and burst on it self. or he said it could not even head out and just go away over time like previously said. but anyways after my dad said that i said f^@ck it because it hurt so bad and i squeezed it as hard as i could and i didnt get any fluid to come out but i did feel bump under my skin go away. now i just have a nasty bruise on my a$s the size of a 50 cent piece.:grr:

300exOH
10-10-2007, 11:03 AM
lol...mine isnt that bad ...yet. It hurts off and on. Ussually only when I bend it a certain way. I ussually forget about it till i move my hand.

I couldn't find a big enough book at work so I just took my car keys and used them liek chop sticks and tried to, well kinda pop it lol. Now it just hurts and it looks like i got bit by a small shark:scary:

O well I will see what the doc has to say:ermm: He will prally say "it will go away" then 8 visits later "here is some medicine" then 8 visits and thousands of non needed money paid "lets cut it out"

Yeah that's how hers was for the first year or so but it progressively got worse later. Riding was really painful to her since her wrist was being jounced around the whole time. I wouldn't try to poke around at it too much. She did the same thing and it just put her in more pain. She squeezed it until it was almost bruised but it never popped. She didn't have to jump through too many hoops at the doctor though. They were pretty willing to remove it. I think she only had 2 visits to the doctor before they sent her off for surgery. The surgery wasn't too big of a deal but she wasn't able to use that hand for a couple days.
Good luck with it.

troyleepred719
10-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Its must be the name Josh. I got up yesterday, and couldnt move my left side hurt so bad. Called into work, thinking it must have been from gettign tackled when we played football with some of the guys last saturday, no biggie. 2 hours later i was on my way to the doctor,s where i found out i Have an intestinal hernia, and will be out of work for 2 weeks, just goes to show you its never what you think it is. Looks like after I get the CT scan tommorow, im out to Syracuse for surgery monday morning, sounds like a whole bunch of fun...

wishmasstir
10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
this is doctor conrad, i suggest you smack yourself as hard as you can with the biggest book you can find ;)

I actually did the book thing before and it went away, I think this is more common with tendonitis though

mxdad
10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a ganglion cist to me too. My daughter just had one and it went away on it's own. Some do and some don't. If it does not you will need a doctor to remove it. Check out wikipedia. It even says something about the book thing... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst

pro-rider46
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
i had a lump on my forearm almost on my elbow, still have it today, just not as noticble. i hit my arm alot when i fell while trying to skateboard, and then i developed a hematoma(sp), and its like a sist but like filled with blood. and i could get it cut out but its not hurting me. plus its like a sac attached to my weenus.:D

Ghost-Rider
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Before you go beating your hand with a book make sure its a cyst and not a wart lol.

exrider12
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
^^^^ rofl:D :D

p.s this is not to ghost rider the guy above him

firefighterjosh
10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
LMAO you all are crazy....I will have it looked at soon, maybe have it removed before it gets so big.

I read in the enternet they can go away. So I am trying to type with my left hand lol