PDA

View Full Version : electric superchargers

mojavedude
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
edit: link wont work for some reason, just go on ebay.com and search "electric supercharger"

what do you guys think about rigging one of these up on a quad?

i was just thinking how would you do this? i guess you would have to put the filter then the carb then the supercharger. a cv carb wouldnt work if it was under pressure, the vacuum slide wouldnt open.

i dont know, i just thought id bring it to your attention, spark some ideas.

wilkin250r
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
They have been around for a while, and thus, the idea has popped up on here several times.

I've never known anybody that actually tried it.

I wouldn't put the supercharger between the carb and head, you probably wouldn't want to be passing fuel through that thing.

So if you put the supercharger first, you would be pressurizing your entire intake, which means you would need to add additional pressure to the carb bowl and gas tank in order for them to function properly.

Try a search on it, and see what others have said. It has been posted several times.

nickm328
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
If it's the same kind I am thinking about, I saw a show on tv that tested one of those and they said that it actually robs air cause once the throttle is opened the carb itself was pulling more air than the charger was pushing thus robbing air. Just checked on e-bay, yes that's the one they were trying.

mojavedude
10-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by nickm328
If it's the same kind I am thinking about, I saw a show on tv that tested one of those and they said that it actually robs air cause once the throttle is opened the carb itself was pulling more air than the charger was pushing thus robbing air. Just checked on e-bay, yes that's the one they were trying.

yea i thought of that after i posted. rpms come up so fast that it would pull harder than the supercharger is pushing.

i just thought id bring the idea up.

robertsracing87
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Won't work. I tryed it a few years ago on a cannondale and it will not flow even close to enough air. Totally killed the power.