PDA

View Full Version : what would have more power ep racing 310 big bore or an lrd powervalve 300?

Renato250r
10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
which would have more low end power, which would be faster?

RichM1983
10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Ive never heard of ep racing but since the motors are basically the same as far as displacement the powervalve motor would definately have more bottom end power as long as the porting of both motors is comparable. As far as top end power they would both be pretty much the same if the porting was simliar because the powervalve doesnt really add any hp overall it just creates a smoother band with more low end.

brokenbones
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
ep racing cylinders are awesome i own a 265 and this thing rips past most all other 265 in my class i would stay away from lrd unless arlen is going to do the work but i dont think that will be the case
i spoke with arlen at dune fest about my buddy 330 and he said he was there only for advice about only not for motor work

no hands on for arlen any more those were his words

my 2 cents

pdxbigfoot
10-09-2007, 09:05 PM
They assured me that Arlen does all the work himself but he was out that day so im not sure??/ I told them that the word on the street is that he's out and not touching cylinders anymore and they laughed at me.This is not the 1st time ive heard this and the over all buzz around Portland is LRD was good....was being the key word there..Bummer

atvmxr
10-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Arlen has been hands off for a couple years, or that was the agreement a couple years ago when he sold it