PDA

View Full Version : Jet info, raptor 660

Rptr660rkills
10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
does anyone know if i need to jet a raptor carb for a slip-on dg xcellerator exhaust and if i have to jet both carbs and what jet size i need for it, thanks an peace

Dr89
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
for "optimal" performance, yes you need to rejet even after just a slip on, and yes you would have to jet both carbs, you would keep them the same size as one another tho.

that being said, my advice would be if its not acting funny, not backfiring, not lagging power, i wouldn't mess with the jetting quite yet because its tricky especially with two carbs, and just wait until you decide if you wanna get a filter and/or remove the lid, so you can do it all at once and not have to go through the process twice.

as for the size, if your going to jet now i would just move up one size at a time from stock until its right, check your plug to know which direction to go. no coloration=lean go bigger, black=rich go smaller, grayish-brownish= spot on! and then everything in between those...

raptors aren't easy to mess with as far as jetting though, and its going to be very time consuming especially if its your first time...you might be better off waiting to mod it up a bit more then take it to a pro.