PDA

View Full Version : Adding 5th clutch for better grip on 125

Ride1Rob
10-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Has anyone added the 5th friction and steel for better grip on the 125? It seems as if it's slipping and I want to get rid of this. I added the VM26 and filter, this thing surely rips with this setup. Has alot more power form bottom to top but I need to get rid of the clutch slippage. Also, where can we get manuals from? Are the Honda TRX90 manuals pretty much the same? Hopefully someone can help me as I do my own work but a manual would make things ALOT easier ;) .

gmen
10-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Rob,it seems when i need a direct answer i call Xtreme and ask for Nathan,yes i have read HE IS BUSY , do not bother him ,but he knows what you have,and he knows what will and will not work. And on a quicker note , Xtreme is offering a 146 cc for the Typhoon and the Super Typhoon ,(whats the Super Typhoon ?) This engine is manual shift ,with Typhoon cases.Maybe just maybe he has a kit for you . The # is 888-844-9440 (assuming you did not know) he is a great person to talk to . Greg
A manual on the engine would be the bomb, first week of boot camp i learned to follow directions . An engine diagram or break down would help anybody thats does his own work (thats you and a thousand others) .Greg

Ride1Rob
10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanx Greg! I called them, but they're closed now. I really need to find out about adding that other clutch. I'm beginning to smell the fibers in the oil. Has anyone done this modification and does anyone know where we could get manauls? They say "Honda clone engine" so can I get a TRX90 manual or something to go by?

BTW Greg, is that 146cc the complete motor or a bump up kit? I don't think I'm going to bump him up that high for probably another year or so. Just adding the VM26 Mikuni did wonders to the performance of the bike. He was alil squirly at first and had to get used to the new power delivery. My next mods will definitely be cam and highcomp piston.

gmen
10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Xtreme site,accessories page,
New TYPHOON FTX Engine
10100-FTX-146 TYPHOON 146cc Manual Clutch Engine:
This Custom Built 146cc High Performance engine uses the Heavy Duty 4 speed Cooper Term SCR® Transmission, CR3® Manual Clutch, CR3® Crankshaft and much more. This engine is KICK START ONLY. Comes with a Genuine MIKUNI® VM26 performance carburetor. This engine is sold WITHOUT WARRANTY for race use only. Built from all new OEM and After-Market Performance Parts. This engine IS NOT Recommended use in Pit Bikes, uses Typhoon® cases which DO NOT use the reinforced upper engine mounts. For use in Typhoon® and Super Typhoon® ATVs only
Thats why i am thinking Xtreme has a manual clutch kit for you,they have been working on this engine with manual clutch using our engine cases.
Greg

chopper400ex
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ride1Rob
[B]Thanx Greg! I called them, but they're closed now. I really need to find out about adding that other clutch. I'm beginning to smell the fibers in the oil. Has anyone done this modification and does anyone know where we could get manauls? They say "Honda clone engine" so can I get a TRX90 manual or something to go by?

You can use a Clymer manual for a 1970-1987 Honda 70-125cc. If you can't find one send me a PM.

gmen
10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
:D

Ride1Rob
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Talked with Nathan today. He said he doesn't recommend going to the 5 disc setup. Said the clutch doesn't disengage correctly because a lack of room from the extra clutch. said that going to stiffer springs will do the job. Only thing is, they don't have the one's that he recommended and they won't get a shipment in for another 30 days. A guy in their parts department said they have some TRX90 springs coming in to test them but haven't received them yet. I'm almost tempted to buy some.

gmen
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Springs cannot be that much money, under $20.00 .If you are going into the case to get to the clutch pack,give it a shot.
On the Pro -Challenge cars,we use 1200cc street bike engines.To make the new clutches bite more,we get the clutch plates glass beaded,just a thought for you.Greg

Ride1Rob
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Well, the Honda springs didn't work :ermm: . When I compared them to the Xtreme springs they were a tad longer, but the Xtreme springs were alot stiffer. Took my son to a monster truck show a week ago and saw a guy about 210+ riding a TY125. He was riding around with other kids and the bike had ZERO slippage hauling him around. Come to find out the peeps riding in the show were the shop owners where I got Jams bike. I called them and they said that Xtreme would warranty it they would order the parts ;) .

gmen
10-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Excellent news on the warranty.
Can you return the clutch springs ?
Do you have any updated pics of Jams ty125 ?
We need to start a thread ,what works and do not work for the bikes,updated pics .
What you think Rob ?
Hows the carb helping out ?

Ride1Rob
10-22-2007, 06:07 AM
The carb was a tremendous boost in power. Now this thing rips with me on it. The springs can't be returned, but they were only $11 so it's no biggie. I talked with Nathan about a manual for the motor. There's nothing for us at the moment :( . Maybe if we can get others to call them and request it they can get the ball rolling.

Being that the bike really doesn't need much in terms of setup I haven't done anything different to it other than the carb. It's holding up very well and I still can't believe I got him a bike of this caliber for such a good price. I'll be taking him to the track this weekend so I'll post pics Sat or Sunday.