PDA

View Full Version : my ATV tuliped valve pocket pistons feature catching on to other builders now

chad502ex
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
seems like my idea to tulip the piston valve reliefs is catching on to other companies..... this is fine with me,... just solidifies my design even further...

i'd say tuliped valve pockets are a lot better feature than what another builder is advertising with milling the reliefs extra deep so that you must mill a 0.060" head to raise compression up to 15.5:1...:rolleyes:

now Wiseco is doing it for Falicon...

good,.... won't be long until this feature becomes standard shelf feature..... hehe..

xsr_racing28c
10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
And the haters can eat there words now... Great work Chad! :D

IMSROLL450R
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
What kind of Piston had you already done this on? I have not ever seen this whats the benefit? Is there a thread on it already?

chad502ex
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
What kind of Piston had you already done this on? I have not ever seen this whats the benefit? Is there a thread on it already?

here's my piston,...

my piston was the first piston offered with tuliped valve pockets feature in the ATV industry... CP Pistons makes mine for me....

hendershot106
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
this is def exciting chad----- HEck YEAHHHH!!!!!!

chad502ex
10-09-2007, 02:22 PM
yes i'm real proud!!!

... I was just thinking that ppl often are quick to call foul on something they can't comprehend, or discriminate on 'looks' before they determine capabilities- even with ppl....

true reflection of how some ppl just cant comprehend though,....

Sjorge450R
10-09-2007, 02:49 PM
ive have always stood behind you chad..... Do you offer a piston that runs on pump gas?

chad502ex
10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
ive have always stood behind you chad..... Do you offer a piston that runs on pump gas?

thanks for your support- I appreciate it

..... with the new 15:1 design,... the plans are to expand the base with other compressions and applications such as 06-08 trx, yfz, and others....

d3ktrix
10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Glad to see it.

trx250r180
10-10-2007, 12:32 AM
tech question,i like desighn of your piston,can you explain why would make more power besides being 15 to 1,and do the deep valve releifs hurt flame travel during combustion compared to a flat top piston,or would it help in atomization of fuel by disturbing air flow? looks like could run a very high lift cam for drag racing with the valve relief desigh also

chad502ex
10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by trx250r180
tech question,i like desighn of your piston,can you explain why would make more power besides being 15 to 1,and do the deep valve releifs hurt flame travel during combustion compared to a flat top piston,or would it help in atomization of fuel by disturbing air flow? looks like could run a very high lift cam for drag racing with the valve relief desigh also

good questioning...

besides being 15:1 compression, other power enhancing features include:

lateral gas porting
low tension Nitride rings
3D undercrowning for ultra-ligh weight
scavenging channels for top end flow
side skirt moly coating to reduce friction..

to answer your flat piston comparison,... i have no data to suggest that a 15:1 FLAT high compression piston would have any more efficiency than mine... mainly, because a 15:1 flat top piston would be extremely difficult nearly impossible to design into our application.. ...

and yes, my piston you can run any camshaft profile available without worrying about how deep the pockets need to be to prevent P-V.... no worries here.....