PDA

View Full Version : 04 450r hotcam stage2

redexrider4290
10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
if i get a stage2 hotcam it is suppose to give me more mid right?
do i have to do any other motor mods for it to work or can i just buy the cam and get it put in?
he cam will give more mid but i won't loose any power anywhere else will I?

exrider44
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I have the hc2 in my 04 and it rips pretty much thru the powerband. Just make sure your valves are adjusted right I think thats all.

redexrider4290
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
if i get the cam put in at the dealorship they would adjust my valves right wouldn't they?

how much did it cost you to get your cam put in (if you had the dealorship do it)?

how do you like your cam and what other mods do you have?

exrider44
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I did it myself actually. I would think the dealer would adjust your valves. I dont think its hard. You just need the tool to do it. I also just have a hmf ballance full exhaust and its jetted with the airbox lid off. I definitely noticed a big difference with just the cam but the exhaust helped also. My only problem was after riding it I didn't go back in and make sure the valves were adjusted. My intake valve was getting stuck. You wont lose power anywhere else I think this is a good all around cam. Its worth the money I think

JJs450r
10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
dealers costttt way 2 much to do soemthing like that i had a local guy do mine runs pretty strong seems it has more bottom end then anything but i have a piston