PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet and airfilter question

fool28back
10-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi all,

I have a question about airfilter performance, when installing a new jet. According to the Dynojet manufacturer, you must run the atv with your airbox lid off. I am currently using a Twin Air filter, which is a sponge material and does not have outterwear. I am sensing that the outterwear sock is a must since the airbox lid will be off.

The question is, should I purchase a new filter with outterwear or does Twin Air offer outterwear that I can purchase (I cannot find any at the moment)?

WFO400
10-09-2007, 08:29 AM
It's not necessary to run an outerwear, although it does keep the filter cleaner for longer periods of time.

my88r
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by fool28back
Hi all,

I have a question about airfilter performance, when installing a new jet. According to the Dynojet manufacturer, you must run the atv with your airbox lid off. I am currently using a Twin Air filter, which is a sponge material and does not have outterwear. I am sensing that the outterwear sock is a must since the airbox lid will be off.

The question is, should I purchase a new filter with outterwear or does Twin Air offer outterwear that I can purchase (I cannot find any at the moment)?

dynojet give specs. for either the air box lid on or off. if you are going to run it with the air box lid off you should run a outterwear but its not necessary. they do make one for the twin air i believe give outwear a call.

fool28back
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
OK... thatnks.

I wasn't sure if Twin Air even had an outerwear for the model I am running.

I'll check it out.