PDA

View Full Version : chain slides

mineralgrey01gt
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Ok, my brother just purchased an 86 trx 250r and when he got it, I noticed it didnt have any chain slides or rollers. I also noticed that none of the guy's trx and atc 250r's he has had them. Isnt it not a good idea to run them? My brother wants to know because me nor him have ever own a chain driven 4 wheeler before so this is new to both of us. Thanks for the help in advance

atvmxr
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
maybe if you are putting around you can get by without a roller, but I think the swingarm one would be mandatory to keep the chain from eating through the swingarm. but maybe my R's are just special with the chain/sprocket/swingarm issues I have :D

mineralgrey01gt
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
i remember reading about your problems with the chain and slides, but you do have a good point. I would think that the chain would eat the swingarm up. Ill look at the swingarm tomorrow while he's at work and see what kind of condition it is in

86 Quad R
10-10-2007, 06:29 AM
most deffinately need the sliders. even the lil one thats located right up front under the swinger. and i'm a firm believer in a rear chain guide aswell. :cool: