PDA

View Full Version : New pics and videos from Little Sahara, Utah

WyoDuner
11-03-2002, 09:49 AM
I have about 15 new videos and about 20 new pictures from last weekend at Little Sahara, Utah. Check them out - link to my site is in my signature. Have fun!!!

CHAUNCY
11-03-2002, 10:04 AM
I'll check it out right now.
Thanks for providing a great site.
Its amazing how many site owners are here.

ny300exrider
11-03-2002, 10:06 AM
thanks man. you have by far the best videos. they download so quikly and the quality is great. other sites may have more but i definitly like your site the best. thanks for taking the time to let us see these videos and defintly tell us when you get new ones.

own2424
11-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey WyoDuner...Sweet ***** banshee you got there. You guys running paddles in those videos?

CHAUNCY
11-03-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
thanks man. you have by far the best videos. they download so quikly and the quality is great. other sites may have more but i definitly like your site the best. thanks for taking the time to let us see these videos and defintly tell us when you get new ones.

Yea your videos are clear and good quality. They also download fast.

WyoDuner
11-04-2002, 09:12 AM
Thanks, guys - I try to do my best.

I have a new hosting company with much faster servers so that helps a lot with the download speed.

I use a Panasonic Mini DV camcorder and firewire transfer to computer and use 2 pass VBR encoding at 300K per second (for the techies out there). This gives a good compromise between file size and quality. The original video from the camera looks awesome but the file sizes are HUGE...

I always run paddles in the sand and the other machines were a mix of knobbies and paddles.

Thanks again for the nice comments!!!

CHAUNCY
11-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
Thanks, guys - I try to do my best.

I have a new hosting company with much faster servers so that helps a lot with the download speed.

I use a Panasonic Mini DV camcorder and firewire transfer to computer and use 2 pass VBR encoding at 300K per second (for the techies out there). This gives a good compromise between file size and quality. The original video from the camera looks awesome but the file sizes are HUGE...

I always run paddles in the sand and the other machines were a mix of knobbies and paddles.

Thanks again for the nice comments!!!

Hey, how big is your camcorder ???
Does it have the little screen on the side ???
How much was it and where can i get it ???
What do you carry it in and is it durable ???
It seems like it takes awsome videos.
Is it easy to use ???

WyoDuner
11-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Chauncy, I have a Panasonic PV-702 camcorder. It's about 3/4 of the way up to the top of the consumer line. Pretty much any Mini DV camera will look the same though. Mine has a lot of extra features so it cost quite a bit more - Sears was selling it for about $900 but they price matched an internet ad and I got it for $700. You can get a decent basic model panasonic or JVC for about $500 or a little less maybe. They all have the pop out LCD display, the more expensive ones have a 3.5" display and the rest have a 2.5" display plus of course the standard viewfinder. I always use the viewfinder for filming since it's hard to see the LCD in bright sunlight.

They are all pretty easy to use. Just leave it in the automatic mode and hit record and that's it. I carry it on my 6 pack rack in a case that zippers fully shut to keep the sand out. They seem pretty durable but still, you want to be careful anyway. Mine is fairly small but some are TINY (expensive too), you could fit them in a shirt pocket.

If you are at Circuit City, Best Buy or whatever play around with some... They're prettyy cool and they also take digital pictures as an added bonus.

CHAUNCY
11-04-2002, 11:32 PM
sounds cool.
About how many big inches is your ???
Like 8 inches long and 5 high ???
Im lookin into gettin a camcorder

josh
11-10-2002, 10:56 PM
hey wyo, i noticed u have your own forum section so i scanned through it and noticed u are comming down to good old glammis, you will have a lot of fun, but make sure you bring plenty of jets cuz it is gonna be hard to dial that bike in with such a difference in altitude, when are you comming down, i plan on going to buttercup, which is about 40 miles away from glammis and would like to head out to glammis this winter or spring, lemme know, i can show you around buttercup, there's lots of cool jumps and trails and tight turns out there, i also noticed that in your videos there is a pretty good amound of plants around, lol, in buttercup you only see a few grass plants every few miles if your lucky, and there is no were that is closed off to ride out there so there is plenty of open area, lol, sometimes u see mexicans tryin to jump the border and the border patrol get em cuz they smooth out this little sand highway and look for foot prints, kinda pathetic that the mexican people would try to jump the border were there is nothing but thick sand for over 50 miles, lol, lemme know tho, i would be glad to meet up with some exriders and go ridin at glammis or buttercup

own2424
11-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by josh
sometimes u see mexicans tryin to jump the border and the border patrol get em cuz they smooth out this little sand highway and look for foot prints, kinda pathetic that the mexican people would try to jump the border were there is nothing but thick sand for over 50 miles, lol, HAhahaha...I definitly saw that this summer! Yup, they got busted! :blah

WyoDuner
11-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Josh, thanks for the offer. I plan on going out for MLK weekend in January for the "unofficial" Four Stroke Wars. Should be a lot of fun and a lot of the ATV Connection people are going to be there. I need to start reading up on Glamis to prepare for the trip. I will try to stay at least 4 or 5 days. I'lll post on here and of course my forum when I finalize the plans.

josh
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
hey own, i'm not sure if i had asked before or not but.......how much u lookin to get out of that shee, if it's about 3k i would be interested cuz i am about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from it if it's in yuma, im not sure how much u want for it but i would like to check it out sometime, maybe we can meet up for a dune trip sometime, maybe close to x-mas