PDA

View Full Version : Houser Vs Herrmann (A-arms)

QuadTrix6
11-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Im looking to get +2 a arms for christmas and i wanted to know which would be better for motocross, i do fairly big jumps and i plan on racing with them..thanks

Mity Mo
11-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Either will work fine. They are both excellent chassis and component builders. I have the Herrmann and can say they are great. Rico has Houser and will tell you the same about his Housers. Its basically comes down to preference and who will make you a better deal in purchasing them. Mo;)

crashinmatt
11-03-2002, 01:53 PM
exactly what mo said. i voted for housers, cuz thats what i have, and thats what my local shop carries. but either way u wanna go would be an improvement over stock.

Bean
11-03-2002, 01:54 PM
i hav rode ona set of housers, 400ex, and i liked them, never rode on herrmanns before +2+0 for a 400ex is what ya want

Sick0
11-03-2002, 05:54 PM
I own Herrmanns. I think the a-arms them selfs are made very well, but I think the powder coat ain't that strong and the ball joints ain't the best. But for the money the are worth it. Plus there are a little heavy due to the design of them.

My biggest complaint about herrmann is the sevice. I payed them with a money order, Then they sent me a Email asking for them money and the said the never recieved it. I went to the bank and the said the money order was cashed, so I called brad herrmann (the owner)told him that he had cash it and I wanted a-arms for my up coming race that. Will he said I had to get proof that I sent the money order and that he cashed it. Will I told him he should know if he cashed it or shold be able to find out if he had recieved it. But he still still said I had to get proof. So I had to send 10 bucks to the money order place to get a photo copy of the cashed money order which he had sign him self which end up talking 3weeks and I had to fax it. Because of all this mess, I had to wait an extra month because of his mess up. He never reinburst me for the money I had to spend to get the photo copy. Plus HE CHARGES $25.00 DOLLARS TO SHIP A-AMRS. Which is bull****.
I would just go with houser.

trx400ex
11-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
I own Herrmanns. I think the a-arms them selfs are made very well, but I think the powder coat ain't that strong and the ball joints ain't the best. But for the money the are worth it. Plus there are a little heavy due to the design of them.

My biggest complaint about herrmann is the sevice. I payed them with a money order, Then they sent me a Email asking for them money and the said the never recieved it. I went to the bank and the said the money order was cashed, so I called brad herrmann (the owner)told him that he had cash it and I wanted a-arms for my up coming race that. Will he said I had to get proof that I sent the money order and that he cashed it. Will I told him he should know if he cashed it or shold be able to find out if he had recieved it. But he still still said I had to get proof. So I had to send 10 bucks to the money order place to get a photo copy of the cashed money order which he had sign him self which end up talking 3weeks and I had to fax it. Because of all this mess, I had to wait an extra month because of his mess up. He never reinburst me for the money I had to spend to get the photo copy. Plus HE CHARGES $25.00 DOLLARS TO SHIP A-AMRS. Which is bull****.
I would just go with houser.

sound similar to what happened to me, and he charges 25$ to ship stems too:grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

Quadfather
11-03-2002, 07:46 PM
That Hermann fella sure sounds like a real a-hole. I would never do business with him just from that one story. What a jackass.

Sick0
11-04-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry he charges me 35 for the a-arms. He charges 25 for a streering stem. I know it only cost like 12 dollars to some thing like a-arms.

I'm trying to say he was a A-hole to me on the photo, he was very polite but it was still very fuct up the way he handle things.

QuadTrix6
11-04-2002, 05:15 PM
do they both have grease zerks and when you buy them do i need anything additional..thanks for input

bmw500hp
11-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Our family is in business....we make fishing lures, Joe's flies to be exact.... I pack and ship on a daily basis and... I screw up like he did at times.. I will not speak in his defense... what he did was not cool.... If I screwed up like that you would not have paid shipping and...I would send you free stuff with apology....
I do not care how good his stuff is...it's tuff to stomach the attitude and the money stuff...he was just too lazy to do his homework and made you jump through the hoops...

Mike
2001 400ex
Holeshots
AC Nerfs
Pro-Circuit
Douglas Ultimates
14t
Renthals

Soon to get
plus 1" arms
1-3/4 swingarm....
elka's or zps...

beerock
11-04-2002, 09:57 PM
ouch that hurts.....

QuadTrix6
11-05-2002, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmw500hp
[B]Our family is in business....we make fishing lures, Joe's flies to be exact.... I pack and ship on a daily basis and... I screw up like he did at times.. I will not speak in his defense... what he did was not cool.... If I screwed up like that you would not have paid shipping and...I would send you free stuff with apology....
I do not care how good his stuff is...it's tuff to stomach the attitude and the money stuff...he was just too lazy to do his homework and made you jump through the hoops...[QUOTE][

I gotta agree with you there

Extremeracer167
11-05-2002, 12:46 PM
I just got my housers yesterday, havent put them, on yet. But i got them in 2 days. Erin is awesome to talk to! The a-arms seem to be made VERY well made. They have grease fittings, and now the upper ball joint comes with a rubber boot so it doesnt freeze up! Overall i think Houser is one of the best companies i have dealt with, and that sais alot, becuase ive delt with almost EVERY company out there, managing the shop. I would HIGHLY recommend Houser!!

11-05-2002, 12:55 PM
You can't go wrong with either one I don't think..I guess whichever one fits your budget...:blah

QuadTrix6
11-05-2002, 06:23 PM
thanks guys :D i'm going with the housers:blah

Sparks425Ex
11-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Well I say it depends on what you are gonna get. I am going with Herrmans because Houser doesn't offer a +3 normal travel a arm. Herrman does. If i was getting +2 a arms i would get Houser in a heart beat.

It all depends on what your money situation and quad situation is.

bmw500hp
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM
I was dead set on housers.... made a call to hetricks and gt-thunder.... these guys are really singing the praises of jody bateman..and how he backs his products Man, I was ready to buy Housers .here I go again,,,, decisions decisions....

2001-(Red)-(400ex)
Current Mods as of 11-5-02
Holeshot XCR's
Beadlocks, Douglas ultimates (love em!!!)
sooooo glad I came off the money for them.......
prm-Desert Bumper
prm-A-Arm Guards
prm-Belly Skid
prm-Swingarm Skid
AC Nerfs with 10" extended freestyle pegs
Uni-Filter, airbox lid tight, 150 main
50/50 Premium Pump and 112 octane Cam-2
Pro-Circuit T-4. slip on....
Renthals
14t

------------------------------------------------------
Want to buy:

1" Extended A-Arms.
Elkas,axis,pep's for 185lb's
1-1/4 extended Swingarm
Denton stabilizer....

GetHigh250r
11-06-2002, 07:13 AM
I would go with Houser too, now that you said that Brad charged me $16 to shipa an axle carrier. It works great and everything but his customer service sucks. The worst thing is is that I am a dealer of his parts!

Extremeracer167
11-06-2002, 10:34 AM
haha me 2!! I never ordered anything from him yet though