PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dutchmen Harescramble 10/7/07

Mxjunkie
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I headed up to Flying Dutchmen today to watch the PA state race and I must admit I was really surprised! The track owner was allowing everyone to ride the MX track in the harescramble race which as many know wasn't allowed in the past! Also watered the tracks before each race to cut down on dust and offer a safe start instead of a dust storm. I am sure others attending would say when the sprinklers wondered over to the starting line it was a little cold! :p All kidding aside though I've herd in the past that there wasn't to many of the racers out there happy with the track owners discussions and actions which was understandable ! But I think it's starting to show a little hope and It was a great example of what some of the track owners in district 6 and other districts around should give everyone a enjoyable fun race for the racers as well as the spectators. Only gripes I could see anyone having really after the weekend was the food prices are a little high but hey break out the grills and make some burgers! Another great thing I took notice was the open practice times on the mx tracks wed and sat, I wonder if they will include atv's on the upper track as well? I know a local mx pro who would tear it up to show quads could do it :devil:

I also got the chance to see member Sjorge, he's a very fast up and coming A rider and it was pretty cool to have a chance to see Steve ride a little MX, :macho

Mxjunkie
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
It was an awesome sight to see some of the woods guys doing bowl turns, jumps and whoops instead of xc loops. :macho

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/Mxjunkie69/DSCN1459.jpg

Mxjunkie
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
As you can see a lot of the dustier part of the tracks stayed fairy wet cutting down on the dust, The dust was fairly bad in the back section of the track which was expected. I was very pleased to see the time spent watering the motocross part of the track, it would of been a little hairy in a dust storm..:blah:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/Mxjunkie69/DSCN1466.jpg

xraven35
10-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree! When i got there i didnt see any of the MX section roped off and i thought, ahhh man... we're going around all the jumps... and then the kids quads went and i was suprised, we got to do both whole MX tracks. It was a great race. And scoring was fast too!

Mxjunkie
10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
It about shocked me when I saw the mini's out there in the morning as well haha.. It set a really good mood for all the quad riders, I noticed quite a few smiles as everyone was eyeing up some of the jumps.. :p

The jumps did create a little damage though, nothing a little duck-tape wont fix right? :blah: :cool:

jlhughes750
10-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I had a blast. That track was alot of fun. I won the Vet class and caught all the A guys for the overall. I'd love to get some practice laps on the same track there are 2 doubles I want to get down!!

I saw an R, YFZ and 450R, all with broken rear suspension.

chad6713
10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
you mean 2nd overall. :devil: does anyone know if there's any pics from this weekend? I found where they took pics of the bikes but didn't have quads listed. wtf???

ex kid
10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by chad6713
you mean 2nd overall. :devil: does anyone know if there's any pics from this weekend? I found where they took pics of the bikes but didn't have quads listed. wtf???

no, he means 1st overall.

http://www.dutchmenmxpark.com/Dutchmen%20MX%20Park%20ATV%20Overall%2010-7-07.htm

Sjorge450R
10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
yea it was a really fun and quick track. After the second lap i could barly feel my left foot. My pegs finally destroyed them and my foot got to feel what the peg feels like...lol

jlhughes750
10-12-2007, 09:02 AM
started more than a minute back from A class and finished 12 seconds behind the leader... technically that wins the overall!
not that it pays anything, its just for bragging rights!!!

can't wait to run there again.

Mxjunkie
10-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
started more than a minute back from A class and finished 12 seconds behind the leader... technically that wins the overall!

That is some bragging rights worth bragging about! I might make it out to the next up and coming races if anyones there don't be shy to give me a shout. :macho

Sjorge450R
10-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750

it says you got 1st overall. Seems like they adjusted the times for the start as well.

450RGNCC
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
...I would be the 450R with the broken rear suspension...:mad: