PDA

View Full Version : my plastic and seat wont stay on

07-31-2001, 07:15 PM
any body have a good idea on how i could keep my ***-end to stay latched. It only comes of if i hit some rough terrain or things of that nature.

07-31-2001, 07:33 PM
i had just about the same problem with my ex. the seat and fenders weren't coming completely off but they were loose and moved around alot. i got to checking and i had knocked off one of those rubber thingys that the seat attaches too. might not be your problem but its worth a look

400exRacerX
07-31-2001, 09:17 PM
did anyone see the pic of this tt racer riding with his rear fenders some how managing to fly in front of his quad? i saw it in the latest issue of dirtwheels. i thought of it rather funny:blah

4punksdad
08-01-2001, 08:11 AM
there are 2 notches on your seat latch..........are you getting it latched all of the way? also, it takes some finess to get the front of the seat latched at the gas tank end........without that being hooked, your seat will eventually come loose & perhaps fly off.

Leo
08-05-2001, 10:47 AM
Check the rubber bushings up by the gas tank (where the front of the rear fender mounts)...

According to the local Honda shop the frequently split and fall off... Happens often enough that they gave me 2 spares when I bought the quad ? (of course mine never have, 'cause I have extras:huh )

Leo

08-09-2001, 03:26 PM
yep thats the spot i was talking about. one of my rubber things has disappeared and my seat and fenders are alittle lose

08-10-2001, 07:32 AM
contact Tom MIller Motorsports, and order one of his seat latches It will basically make it impossible for your seat to come undone with out you taking it off youself.

the product bolts where tour stock seat latch goes and you cut off the stock posts on the seat pan. the new latch has long posts that have a pin go through under the frame

Revin300EX
08-11-2001, 10:54 AM
I think that Nac's makes a billet seat latch... I dont know how much of a saving in weight you'll get, but at least you can say you have one! :D