PDA

View Full Version : Silencer question...

fixitforfree
10-07-2007, 06:24 AM
I have an 87R with an FMF pipe on it and an Answer S-11 Equalizer silencer. The motor is completely stock. Is a Pro Circuit Factory Sound silencer worth buying. I ask because my Answer silencer is VERY loud and just doesn't have a good tight, crisp sound to it. I've tried repacking it and packed absolutely as much insulation in it as it will hold and it's still way too loud and sounds bad. Will the Pro Circuit silencer give me that good, quiet smooth sound I'm looking for? If not, what kind of silencer would you buy. I'm after a quiet sound more than anything.

Aceman
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know anything about those pro circuits.

My FMF Turbine Core 2 is pretty quiet, I run it because I need a sparky. I believe it's around the 97-99 db range.

my88r
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fixitforfree
I have an 87R with an FMF pipe on it and an Answer S-11 Equalizer silencer. The motor is completely stock. Is a Pro Circuit Factory Sound silencer worth buying. I ask because my Answer silencer is VERY loud and just doesn't have a good tight, crisp sound to it. I've tried repacking it and packed absolutely as much insulation in it as it will hold and it's still way too loud and sounds bad. Will the Pro Circuit silencer give me that good, quiet smooth sound I'm looking for? If not, what kind of silencer would you buy. I'm after a quiet sound more than anything.

i would say the loudness would be the same. get a fmf Q that will not be as loud.

fixitforfree
10-07-2007, 08:47 PM
It just seems that 2 stroke bikes for years 10-15 have had factory silencers that are so quiet and smooth sounding. My Answer S11 Equalizer on my R is very loud and "poppy". It's just obnoxious...

wilkin250r
10-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Almost any aftermarket exhaust is going to be loud. Your best bet for low noise would be to find a stock exhaust.

Good luck, because there aren't many of them around. And expect a decrease in performance if you DO manage to find one.

my88r
10-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Almost any aftermarket exhaust is going to be loud. Your best bet for low noise would be to find a stock exhaust.

Good luck, because there aren't many of them around. And expect a decrease in performance if you DO manage to find one.

i wouldnt think by much