PDA

View Full Version : Luburgh Back To a Yamaha?

bah1491
10-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I dont know if this is true or not, so dont call me an idiot....I was told earlier today that luburgh is unhappy with the kawasaki, so hes going back to a yamaha....with support of course from yamaha, lonestar and probably the old sponsors from before....i dont usually believe everything i hear, but i didnt know if anyone else has heard this. I know he hasnt been doing to well on the bike, but i was told he felt that the bikes were to "ridged".

jb500ex
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
it makes sense because kawi has replaced him with someone else

bah1491
10-06-2007, 07:06 PM
they did? i didnt know that

ZWILLETT47
10-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Keith Little is riding Green next year.....

Pappy
10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ZWILLETT47

I was glad to hear this a week or so ago, hope he rips it up!!!!

ZWILLETT47
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I am sure he will :)

bah1491
10-06-2007, 08:09 PM
so what exactly happend with jason and kawi? did he get booted, or did he drop out or what?

hsr
10-06-2007, 08:24 PM
His results seemed to be sub-par to say the least. Probably the same reason Dunk won't be riding for lost creek next season. Any word on who his replacement will be???

diangelo#67
10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
he (luburgh)never could get use to the elka shocks, And if the rider is not happy with set-up usually turns to bad results but dunk is moving to somthing bigger I'm sure the family ties in that string are tight

hsr
10-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
he (luburgh)never could get use to the elka shocks, And if the rider is not happy with set-up usually turns to bad results but dunk is moving to somthing bigger I'm sure the family ties in that string are tight

Heard dunk will be on a honda with PEP suspenders? Too bad for Jason, he is one hell of a talented rider, hate to see him lose a factory ride like that. Doesn't seem like there will be many red bikes on the pro gate next year either. Baker, Lawson , Natalie, Byrd (rumored) , Gee, and maybe more have made the switch to the can-am. And KTM has to have a plan as to their future mx factory team, man things are going to get interesting. Now all we need is a 250f class!!!

bah1491
10-06-2007, 11:56 PM
elka is the only thing i ever heard jason and andy(his dad) complain about on that thing....well, i guess he didnt like some other things to....but from the start he's never been happy with the elkas to my knowledge

trxwannbe
10-07-2007, 12:26 AM
according to some people involved in a big way with team green( a rider and a mechanic) jason was a huge underachiever, they said he pretty much never practiced and was out of shape to the point where he couldn't come close to pushing it for an entire moto and that could have something to do with him being dissapointed in the ride that was given to him but i do know that jason made twice what josh creamer did this year (i will not post numbers) and josh was willing to work hard to make what he was given work so you tell me why jason won't be with team green next year

bah1491
10-07-2007, 07:51 AM
sounds like a good enough reason to me....so is he off of team green right now? or does he have to finish this year?

SRH
10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
hate to be a hater but for the life of me i couldnt understand why kawi picked up luburgh from the start, hes never really done anything in the pro class, i always got the impression luburgh didnt put out a complete effort,i think keith little deserves the ride and he will probably take full advantage of his new ride i mean luburgh results this season were terrible compared to what was expected

jb500ex
10-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by hsr
Heard dunk will be on a honda with PEP suspenders? Too bad for Jason, he is one hell of a talented rider, hate to see him lose a factory ride like that. Doesn't seem like there will be many red bikes on the pro gate next year either. Baker, Lawson , Natalie, Byrd (rumored) , Gee, and maybe more have made the switch to the can-am. And KTM has to have a plan as to their future mx factory team, man things are going to get interesting. Now all we need is a 250f class!!!

byrd will be on a honda next year, he will not be on a can-am

bah1491
10-07-2007, 09:22 AM
i thought hes done terrible this year as well....i thought he did alright when he was on his own, but never really stuck out in the pro class....all his life, things have just been handed to him and i think that might show now....

trxwannbe
10-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by bah1491
sounds like a good enough reason to me....so is he off of team green right now? or does he have to finish this year?

yes he is off of team green right now because the time already came and went for contract renewal and i believe (i can't remember what he said) Josh Creamer just signed a 2 year contract with them

TWISTED
10-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I'll tell you what, in 06 at Birch Creek, he showed the whole pro class the way around the track in the 1st moto. He couuldn't put it together for the 2nd, but he was the man in the 1st.

FHKracingZ
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
it dosnt matter. theres a good chance team suzuki will be on PEP's next year. Chad is gonna rip everyone anyways. Give him this fall , winter, next spring to keep riding the suzuki, he will come out stronger then he did on his hondas this year.

diangelo#67
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
yeah dont get me wrong I thought josh was a great rider way back when I saw him at local district 7 races now and then but chad is gonna be ripping this year comming, Hey twisted did I tell ya I'm gonna ride for jorge next year

trxwannbe
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
i'm not entirely sure if things have changed since i heard it but my understanding was that we should expect to see a lot of companies changing their shock loyalties for this year, you should see a lot of riders on new suspension personally i hope this means team green is gonna have a real shock on their bike i should find out what they'll be running as soon as josh gets his practice bikes (which by the way team green does not pay for the aftermarket parts for, and josh is only given 2 bikes to mod last year he ended up buying 2 more because with the kind of practice time a pro puts in 2 just wasn't cutting it)

TWISTED
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
i'm not entirely sure if things have changed since i heard it but my understanding was that we should expect to see a lot of companies changing their shock loyalties for this year, you should see a lot of riders on new suspension personally i hope this means team green is gonna have a real shock on their bike i should find out what they'll be running as soon as josh gets his practice bikes (which by the way team green does not pay for the aftermarket parts for, and josh is only given 2 bikes to mod last year he ended up buying 2 more because with the kind of practice time a pro puts in 2 just wasn't cutting it)

If that's the case, I just lost all respect for Kawasaki..... Congrats Mario!!!!! Now pray for some friggin rain!!!!

Dale512
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Why would you lose respect for Kawasaki? They do alot more for their guys than Honda or Yamaha, which is why everybody is going away from them to the other guys.

rollie
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ZWILLETT47

I wonder if theres any chance he'll keep his LSR components, hes been with them for a long time

TWISTED
10-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Why would you lose respect for Kawasaki? They do alot more for their guys than Honda or Yamaha, which is why everybody is going away from them to the other guys.

A factory rider buying parts for his practice bike????? If he was a privateer, I could understand, but not a factory rider.... I'll bet Gust, Wienen, or Wimmer didn't buy parts for their practice bikes....

Pappy
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by rollie
I wonder if theres any chance he'll keep his LSR components, hes been with them for a long time

i would expect to see other components on his quad this season

LTR450_#67
10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I'll bet Gust, Wienen, or Wimmer didn't buy parts for their practice bikes....

I wouldn't be to sure about that.....I've seen a pic of Dougs practice quad at his house and it was ALL stock except for the Fox Shox, Full Yosh system, nerfs, tether and I think bars and Razr MXs..... stuff thats all readily available due to the items are products of their sponsers.......so it's possible.

Aaron

trxwannbe
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
talked to josh this morning and he told me that they are gonna give him a couple more practice bikes this year and help him out some with the parts, they also increased his salary. i would watch out for this kid next year hes about as hungry as they come

SRH
10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
diangelo , u have a big lifted diesel, black? red ltr?

anywho, carmichael and them only get stockers to practice on, im sure sponsors will hook them up on parts anyway

bah1491
10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
i know when i went riding with jason, he had a brand new kfx450, and it had the elkas that anyone could buy, not the race series that only the pros get, stock swingarm, ....all he had was the basics...pipe, a-arms, axle, shocks, nerfs....he never mentioned whether he had to buy them himself....but he did have a brand new 450 dirtbike that kawi gave him....

trxwannbe
10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
josh had the dirtbike also he practiced on it many times at mototown and he was on the same setup as jason for the practice bikes because supposedly those "race" elka's are to complicated for us riders to handle so they only put em on the race bikes that are handled by "trained" mechanics

bah1491
10-09-2007, 05:00 PM
yeah i forgot how smart those guys at elka are in their white lab coats....especially since there winning so many races with there "extreme" setups....haha

im not bashing elka's, just glorifying....

diangelo#67
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM
srh thats me. and the thing about only having shocks on dougs bike, he has 4 like that, and three or four that any suzuki rider would kill for. josh buying parts for his own bike is retarded thats not a factory ride thats called support.

05Z400rdr
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Dunk will not be on a Honda next season.

D-7#61-450r
10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I love how everyone loves to bash elkas. Kinda funny how that honda with elkas took it all. I thought Natalie was really slow because of them. Give me a break, everyone laughed at 13 a few years ago when running fox. As far as I see it, it all comes down to tuning your shocks. Fox you have know choice, they have to have pressures checked so you learn to set them up. Elka's out of the box need tuned. Pep and axis may come a little closer to perfect out of the box. It is all about tuning in my opinion.
Also congrats Mario