PDA

View Full Version : HMF Ballance slip on with FMF high flow header?

300EXroostking
10-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I have an '04 Suzuki z400 and I recently bought an FMF high flow header and a HMF Bill Ballance series slip-on. Since the muffler is a slip on the end where it meets the header is for the stock header. The end gets smaller and is slotted on the end to clamp onto the stock header. The FMF header is much larger and the small end of the muffler fits inside the header instead of going over it. I need a way to put the two together without it leaking. Is there any way to maybe put a spacer between the two to keep it tight in between? I need something that wont leak but looks clean.

10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
to me it sounds like you would need to cut the part on the HMF where its downsized and then weld tubing on to match the size of the outside on the FMF high flow header. other than that idk what to do. I was looking at the Powerbomb header but everyone says that the powerbomb header is the same size as stock so that means you wouldnt notice much of a gain at all. But you say the high flow headers are much larger so maybe i should buy that instead. I'm just curious what kind of gains you would see from it.

Going from stock header & HMF to powerbomb header or hi-flow header & the HMF.

300EXroostking
10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I have it running now with another slip on with a temporary setup and the gains were great. It really made a difference

250rmike
10-09-2007, 12:22 PM
try taking your hmf to an exhaust shop and having them use the expander to expand the end of the pipe where the slots are but make sure they do it on more then just the slots, on the solid piece of the pipe also. or else it will just widen the slots