PDA

View Full Version : Read... Pretty Deep.

JRP
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Well i was bored one day, so i figured what the hell, might as well type some lines from a movie i like, and this was my fav saying. well more like a paragraph, but see if you know where its from...

Looks like fun huh?
i bet your pretty use to seeing an image like this
the gate dropping start of another race
you inidated by it in films, magazines, and on the internet
everyone focuses on the race, and whatever leads up to these 30minutes of our week
every 168 hrs, we find ourselves here
on the line waiting to race
hoping our training paid off, and our machines as well as our bodies make it through unscaped
truth is, this race will take up less than 1% of our week
but you wont never see all the hard work that is put in throughout the week to get us here every weekend
unless your a good friend, a loved one, or a fellow privateer
you cant possibly grasp the sacrafices we make
for the opportunity to sit behind this gate
:)

05Z400rdr
10-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey man,

Yeah I don't know where that's from, but I do remember seeing it as an away message of your's before. I love that. I was wondering where you get those awesome sayings that have to do with racing... haha

Landon

trxwannbe
10-06-2007, 06:17 PM
not entirely sure but i think its from beating the odds

tw1976
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Beating the Odds, great movie. I look forward to seeing National Born Killers too.

BlaineKaiser450
10-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by tw1976
Beating the Odds, great movie. I look forward to seeing National Born Killers too. x2

DVXracer
10-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Thats a awsome saying cause its 100% true.

Pappy
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I geuss deep has many hats because "Me so Horny, Me love you long time" still brings a tear to my eye:bandit:

BlaineKaiser450
10-06-2007, 09:35 PM
JRP im putting that into my sig!

DVXracer
10-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
JRP im putting that into my sig!

Thats a mighty long sig, lol

suzukigirl
10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
thats cool

BlaineKaiser450
10-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Thats a mighty long sig, lol kinda sorta lol

wolfpack13
10-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I geuss deep has many hats because "Me so Horny, Me love you long time" still brings a tear to my eye:bandit:

That's funny stuff there.

Originally posted by JRP
i bet your pretty use to seeing an image like this
the gate dropping start of another race
you inidated by it in films, magazines, and on the internet
everyone focuses on the race, and whatever leads up to these 30minutes of our week
every 168 hrs, we find ourselves here
on the line waiting to race
hoping our training paid off, and our machines as well as our bodies make it through unscaped
truth is, this race will take up less than 1% of our week
but you wont never see all the hard work that is put in throughout the week to get us here every weekend
unless your a good friend, a loved one, or a fellow privateer
you cant possibly grasp the sacrafices we make
for the opportunity to sit behind this gate

That sounds like it came from the heart of a true racer.

JRP
10-07-2007, 02:21 PM
sage baker said it in the beginning of beating the odds, one of the best movies! I have a bunch of other quotes from that movie or other things that deal with motocross that i like......

One to get u motivated...

"Pretty hot out
one of those days you dread to go ride
but you do what you got to do
you cant take a day off
thats when someone gets ahead of ya
gets an edge on ya"

Chad Wienen

If your dating a motocross rider raise your hand.
If your not, raise your standards.

setting goals...breaking them...then setting new ones. This is living, this is training...this is growing. Reaching new levels, week after week doesnt come easy. Some call is obsession, I just call it discipline.

MOTOCROSS... It's a sport of complete insanity, there's no coaches, no rulebooks, no limits beyond your imagination. A fan sees a personality and watches that personality perform. A fan sees a rider practice and understands pain. BUT a fan will never have to fly through the air pondering which bones take the least amount of time to heal, a fan won't have to choose between a broken back or two broken wrists. I've seen riders sit on their quads, and pray for twenty minutes. I've seen kids with ADHD sit silently for hours just staring at a track. Fear? - a balancing act, between normality and idiocy, it paralizes the majority, but gives clarity to some.

I say this everytime i race...

Lord I pray as i race today
keep me safe along the way
not only me but others too
as they preform the jobs they do
i know god, that in a race
i the rider must set the pace
in this race of life i pray
help me lord along the way

DVXracer
10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow, those are really good and deep as you said before...

Warnerade
10-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by JRP

setting goals...breaking them...then setting new ones. This is living, this is training...this is growing. Reaching new levels, week after week doesnt come easy. Some call is obsession, I just call it discipline. dang pepper...stealin the crap I think long and hard about, not even giving me credit:(

DVXracer
10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JRP
... It's a sport of complete insanity, there's no coaches, no rulebooks, no limits beyond your imagination. A fan sees a personality and watches that personality perform. A fan sees a rider practice and understands pain. BUT a fan will never have to fly through the air pondering which bones take the least amount of time to heal, a fan won't have to choose between a broken back or two broken wrists. I've seen riders sit on their quads, and pray for twenty minutes. I've seen kids with ADHD sit silently for hours just staring at a track. Fear? - a balancing act, between normality and idiocy, it paralizes the majority, but gives clarity to some.

I think thats going on my myspace. ;)

JRP
10-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
dang pepper...stealin the crap I think long and hard about, not even giving me credit:(

hahah i forgot whos away messagei got it off of, my bad shawn.

EVERYONE, THAT QUOTE WAS ALL SHAWNS! GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THAT:p

Warnerade
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
hehe =)