PDA

View Full Version : Bike Crash

Nichols Atvs
10-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Well how many of us have suited up our kids in every safty device and sent them out on the track and said here ya go! go get them and then come off in one piece ? or even crash and come out allright I know i have , Then ya get home they grab their bike and crash( HEAD INJURY)!! OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON! Well put us on the list because thats what happened. Landon got on his bike looking for his helmet dumped the bike and broke his check bone by his nose . poor kid cant ride the bike or quad for 4 weeks . :( :( :( :( We did get to attend the banquet today he took 3rd in points so that did help him trough the day.

wvspeedfreak
10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear that.Tell him to get well soon!Austin has had more injuries on his bike and swingsets than his quad.

riding4fun
10-06-2007, 06:52 PM
O, that's the worst. Tell him to hang in there. He will be back in no time.

Darrell

forgiven
10-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I cringed while reading that...tell him to hang in there. When you say he dumped it while looking for the helmet...was it moving?

Nichols Atvs
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
He was going from one bay of the garage to the other and lost his balance I think . I was washing his quad when he screamed loud .and i ran over and he was holding the right side of his face didnt seam like much at first small scrape the size of a quater now it the size of a silver dollar and black an blue. I put him on the couch to relax and a couple hours later he got dizzy then started to vomit so off to the hospital and two hours and a CAT scan later hes got a broke check bone . of course there is no cast just a long wait to heal .Hes ok thats the big thing . His mom said she was going to just attach the helmet to his head then he will always have it on.

mecheech
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Our best wishes for a speedy recovery for the little guy!

I constantly have to get on Jake to put his helmet on when he is tearing around on his scooter.

jetmedic
10-07-2007, 04:07 AM
Tell Mom to surgically attach helmet. Glad to hear your boy is OK. I went through the same thing but on a scooter. Broken jaw but not during race season.

kenjolly
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Get well soon,

Im glad you posted this i will be reading this to Hayden today. Hayden allways gets mad when i make him wear his helmet when he rides his bike. i wish more parents would make their kids use their helmets,its the difference between a booboo and a catscan.

Full Throttle00
10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
The rule is if it has wheels and you are on it, you wear a helmet.
AJ decided himself to wear his riding gear with Leatte brace, body armor, knee pads when he rides his scooter, bike, & skate board.

Nichols Atvs
10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
THanks all for the replys Hes doing good about it but we never know, thats are rule as well with us if it has wheels helmet but as you can see anything can happen at any point of time .

Thanks Heath

ecmini1
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
God bless to a fast recovery, That has to be painfull.

Goes to show we can only guid our little ones and give them the best tools possible and things can still happen.

Take care.

QuadJunkies
10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Hate to hear when the kiddos go down :(
Speedy recovery .

hotquads1
10-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I must admit I have not made my kids wear helmets while on their bike, i need to tighten up. 4 weeks will pass fast, and any crash you can walk away from can be a positive experience that will not be soon forgotten, Glad to hear he is doing well !
marc

mxdad
10-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I will be letting my son read this tonight as well. He gets pissed because I make him wear a full faced helmet when he rides his bike in the court. The rule is that if he wants to do stupid stuff, he must wear a full faced helmet. He tries to do freestyle mx tricks on his pedal bike and has wrecked pretty hard in the past but luckily (knock on wood) he has never really hurt himself. Funny thing is my son always seems to get hurt at the track but never when he is racing??? :confused:

JIM GRACE
10-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
I must admit I have not made my kids wear helmets while on their bike, i need to tighten up. 4 weeks will pass fast, and any crash you can walk away from can be a positive experience that will not be soon forgotten, Glad to hear he is doing well !
marc someone told me a long time ago the diffrence between boys and men are the lessons they learn....
brandon broke his wrist about 5 months ago buy climbing over
the outfield fence at baseball practice..he will be walking around
from know on.. feel better little guy

brandons dad 55

drr5
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
we had the same basic thing happen my youngest rode his scooter into the edge of the tail gate of my truck, couple hours later he had four stiches above his eye,although he missed the first moto of his race he conned mom into letting him race the second moto.