PDA

View Full Version : which axle

nigsrig
10-30-2001, 08:39 PM
i am thinking about getting anew axle soon,which would be my best bet? a durablue or a lonestar? if have heard that durablue axles bend easier than lonestar,is this true?anyone with some help would greatly be appreciated

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 09:24 PM
i replaced my stocker with a durablu i bent the stock
all up in a wreck bent my swing arm too- but i fixed that
- i don't realy know about the lonestar- it's expensive
i know that- but i jump some good jumps and it's not bent yet
-seems to be a pretty good axel

10-31-2001, 07:10 AM
Both are good,,,Heard bad things about durablue,,but I use it,,hit big jumps and have yet to hurt it,,both come with lifetime warranty..

Giz400ex
10-31-2001, 04:05 PM
I would get the Lonestar because of there reputation!!! and quality!!! As for the price I see them the same. I recently bought a Lonestar from Denton for 310.00.

trueblue450
10-31-2001, 04:36 PM
It depends how you want your axel to break. The Durablu will bend if you hit a jump, could cause a wreck but not to much damage anywhere else. The Lonestar will completly break no bending. Which will cause a wreck off a jump and bust up your a-arm and other important stuff. Like Rico said they come with a lifetime warranty so you will always get one back.

Tommy 17
10-31-2001, 04:51 PM
i have the lsr and i love the way it made my quad handle but i took it off till i can get a lock nut bc it keeps comin lose and i am afraid to break my carrier and ruin my bearings.

trx400ex
10-31-2001, 06:03 PM
i use durablue, i jump fairly large flat landing jumps and it doesnt *****

400exRacerX
10-31-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
It depends how you want your axel to break. The Durablu will bend if you hit a jump, could cause a wreck but not to much damage anywhere else. The Lonestar will completly break no bending. Which will cause a wreck off a jump and bust up your a-arm and other important stuff. Like Rico said they come with a lifetime warranty so you will always get one back.

I have seen Durablue's break clean off at the carrier and have seen lsr's bend......I don't get your statement?

Pro400EXC
10-31-2001, 09:00 PM
I heard the Dure Blue axel is actually Pro-Rated . Thats means if you break it the first time its free,but if it happens lets say 1yr later it will cost you maybe $100. Thats what a few companies told me. I even heard some racers use Lonestar axles and put Dura Blue stickers on them, who knows. But n-e-ways, If it was me I would get the RPM, I hear there the best and have the best warrenties. The LSR is also good,but i heard many good things about RPM's axle. www.team-rpm.com

Guy400
11-01-2001, 05:13 AM
Pro400EXC is right about the warranties. LSR's is a true lifetime warranty, DuraBlue is a one time replacement and after that it costs you. That's like buying a bumper to bumper warranty for your car and the dealership tells you that the first warranty repair is free, all others cost????

trx400ex
11-01-2001, 04:46 PM
i think there a twist in the lonestar axle warranty to, if i break mine, ill sell my free one on ebay and buy a new one

nigsrig
11-02-2001, 06:01 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD POSTS,,DOES ANYONE ON HEAR HAVE A LONESTAR AXLE AND IF YOU DO IS THERE A CATCH TO THEIR WARRANTY,IS THE AXLE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE EVERYTIME IT BREAKS OR BENDS OR IS THE THERE A FEE LIKE DURABLUE CHARGES??

trx400ex
11-02-2001, 06:37 PM
durablue does not charge a fee the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or the second, you just dont get one the second, but youll never have to worry about that, cuz it wont break

nigsrig
11-03-2001, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex
durablue does not charge a fee the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or the second, you just dont get one the second, but youll never have to worry about that, cuz it wont break

I THINK YOU PROLLY WILL GET THE NEXT ONE BECAUSE MY BUDDY JUMPED THIS SMALL JUMP AND BENT HIS,,NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD HAVE BENT IT,,DIDN'T LAND ALL MESSED UP OR NOTHING,,I THINK LONESTAR IS THE BETTER AXLE