PDA

View Full Version : need help with lt 500 quadzilla

jbb022662
10-05-2007, 10:30 PM
when i first start the Quadzilla- and it is cold- it runs fine, but spits out oil out muffler connection. and when it does warm up it starts getting faster and uncontrollable, and does not shut off when you push the engine kill button or the emergency kill pull-- the only way to stop it is by slamming on brakes when it is in gear. Stalling it out. A friend of mine said it is sucking air thru the seals. the guy i bought it from swears up and down it is just went thru break in, and says he has reciepts to prove it. the quad is losing oil while it sits on trailer - not in use. please need help, don't want to screw up such magnificent ATV!!!!!!!!!

wilkin250r
10-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Not shutting off is what is commonly known as "lean runaway". The engine is running lean, and it creates a hotspot inside the combustion chamber (usually the sparkplug ground strap).

At that point, it's not running off the spark anymore, so hitting the kill switch doesn't do any good.

As for the actual cause, I'm not sure I can help you there. It could be an air leak, sucking in air through the seals. It could be other issues.

As for losing oil while it sits on a trailer, that SHOULD be fairly easy to diagnose. The oil has to come out of somewhere, where is it coming out of?

Jason Hall
10-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I bet the case Is leaking between the crank & trans, then sucking air through the trans vent. Or the right side crank seal Is leaking badly. Have you lost trans fluid? When you first start It there Is trans oil covering the hole. As It runs the oil Is sucked out of the hole & the Idle races because It's sucking air. I know the zilla case has no paper gasket, It uses sealer. In my opinion the sealer gives you a better chance for an air leak. If the right sealer was not used to seal the case's you could be In trouble. I once had a 250r that was leaking Into the trans, It would not Idle right. I took the trans filler cap out & the Idle raced Instantly.

RagunCajun
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
go to everything2stroke.com 's forums. they will help you out.