PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!,z only runs on choke?

cbr929rr
10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
About 2 months ago I dunked my 05 z400 in a river and sucked some water up. After I changed oil (ita was clean and not milky at all), cleaned and re-oiled air filter,changed gas, removed carb and cleaned, replaced new sparkplug, and checked compression 135#'s. It ran fine for 2 rides, then it would only run on choke, it backfired and the header glowed brightly. So again i removed carb and cleaned all jets and bowl, it has stock jetting and stock exhaust if fact besides a swingarm skid it's all stock. Bike ran great for 1 ride, then again it only runs on choke and backfires, the air filter is clean and I know the carb is still clean. It has a tps because it's an 05 but disconected it still behaves the same. I think possibly the CDI could be bad from the water, but it runs great after a disassembly of the carb, and there is no water in the gas. Why would it be so lean that when hot it still needs to be choked to run. The bike is all stock, what other electrical parts could be fried to make this condition but also let it run great once in a while?
Thanks for any help!!!!