PDA

View Full Version : spacer questions

RacinghFox
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
i just bought a set of Dura Blue Aluminum axle spacers and i need to know how to take the studs outta the hub so i can then thread the studs in the hub for the spacers...can anybody tell me how to get the studs out???:confused:

300exOH
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by RacinghFox
i just bought a set of Dura Blue Aluminum axle spacers and i need to know how to take the studs outta the hub so i can then thread the studs in the hub for the spacers...can anybody tell me how to get the studs out???:confused:

Just thread the nut(flat side facing out) onto the stud as far as you can without exposing the threads. Then hit the nut with a hammer while supporting the "ear" of the hub on a block of wood with a hole large enough for the head of the stud to pass through. They should pop out with a few good hits. A vise will also work to support the hub.

JIMFROMTEXCO
10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
like he said above, but if you have a lead sledge hammer use that. that way if you decide not to use the spaces you can go back to stock, the lead wount damage the wheel studs.

ridered92
10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
DONT PUT THE WHEEL SPACERS IN I REPEAT DONT PUT THE WHEEL SPACERS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because i had some and it ruined my rear hubs and i had to buy new ones witch just arrived today

RacinghFox
10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
DONT PUT THE WHEEL SPACERS IN I REPEAT DONT PUT THE WHEEL SPACERS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because i had some and it ruined my rear hubs and i had to buy new ones witch just arrived today
how do they ruin the hubs????^^^

ridered92
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
when you tap the studs out and put new bolts on i wil lossen all the time so every ten minutes you have to stop to tighten them and every time you tighten them it streches the holes and ruins them

SET THE STAGE
10-06-2007, 03:10 PM
loctite? lol