PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to 450's

andy23
10-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Ok guys and girls, im used to have a 400ex and they only have one warning light and its the neutral light and is green. Well I just got my 450r last week and it has Tag handlebars and the previous owner cleaned up the bars by getting rid of everything so it has no lights. They did leave one light under the hood that I noticed the other night. It is a red light.

My question is, what is that red light for? I assume its a warning light (temperature?). The oil level is full and the light comes on as soon as you start the quad so I wouldn't think that its overheated. My fan is wired to run all the time and I thought that might have something to do with it since the temp sensor is not hooked up but I could be wrong. Sorry for the novel.
Thanks!

pro-rider46
10-05-2007, 09:10 AM
the light is for the temperature, and always comes on when you first start it

andy23
10-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the response. The light stays on all the time. They have wired the fan to come on when you start the quad by grounding the wire that is suppose to be hooked up to the temp sensor. The quad runs fine the way it is and is not showing any signs of overheating or anything, I was just curious.

pro-rider46
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
oh. um i dont know how do get the light to work properly, but make sure you quad does not overheat, and make sure the jetting is good, because if its too lean, it will over heat and damage the engine

Sportrax10
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Did the previous owner keep the key? If so, where did they put it?

andy23
10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Did the previous owner keep the key? If so, where did they put it?

The key is on the side of the plastic right below my throttle jokey graphics.