PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Dr.

Bradracer18
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey guys. Just venting here(or relying on my buddies here I guess).

Went to the doctor today, with a knee problem that has been bothering me for about three weeks now. After a painful inspection of this lump, the doctor tells me there is a 60% chance its cancer....and if not, its a gang green cyst.

I'm up at college alone(no family up here obviously)...just hard to take in that type of information, at 22yrs old. I guess, I'm not really sure what to think...nor how to handle it. I've never really gotten sick before and just a little scared I guess.

I'm probably being a wimp, but just asking for advice....or similar experiences.

Thanks guys/gals,
Brad

07250ex
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
My dad had brain cancer and they werent very optimistic on his chances ... he had his surgery went thro the kemo and radiation and is doing just fine now 5 years later ... i hope that helps a little

csimp3
10-05-2007, 02:57 AM
hey, im sorry to hear that, and i cant imagine getting that kind of news without any family around, but i dont think they said gang green, i think they probably said ganglion cyst, which really isnt a bad thing at all, this site here has a ton on info on them and can hopefully calm your nerves a little bit, http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ganglion_cyst/article_em.htm,
also, one thing that helps no matter what is to keep a positive additude, even though it may be hard, it will help

400exrider707
10-05-2007, 06:04 AM
I would try and not to worry about it right away (I know thats easy for me to say right?) , but until you are sure it really is cancer, I would try and not think about it. It's probably nothing dude.

tim colston
10-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey man you are not being a wuss. You must stay postitive in these situations. Pm me and we can talk. I just lost my best friend to that f-ing disease and almost lost my mother. PM me anytime if you need to talk.

Stay postitve. Tim

pro-rider46
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
yeah keep your hopes up. because for all you know if could just be nothing.

Hammer trx450r
10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Keep your head up, and get a second opinion. What dr gives a 60% chance after a physical evaluation. I could see 10%, 50% or 90% but 60%? What the hell is that?

Pipeless416
10-05-2007, 08:56 AM
i really wouldnt worry about it. i think that doctor was a moron for telling you something like that without doing some tests to really tell. i would be tempted to punch him in the face WHEN he tells you its not cancer.

Bradracer18
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
haha....thanks guys. I'm trying to just not think about it....I'm sure it will end up being nothing....just got a little worried I guess. Its tough, when already stressed with all this damn engineering coursework....ha. Oh well.....more to come next week I guess, after the MRI.

Thanks for the good thoughts/wishses....you guys are great!