PDA

View Full Version : axle bearings?

Nac's22
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
well i didnt know where to go with this so ill just ask it here...... plus a lot of you guys know your stuff.

im pretty sure my R has a twin row carrier and i got a call from my friends tonight tellin me the axle bearings are starting to go. they only have a little bit of play but the last thing i need is for them to fail in my next race. so if i do have one do i just buy 2 sets of bearing and seal or what? also im waiting on an answer from the previous owner of it on what kind of carrier it is but incase i dont get my answer does it matter which bearings i go with?
thanks guys

Aceman
10-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I use twinrow bearings. I usually buy mine off Ebay prepackaged with 2 bearings and 2 seals. I keep a spare set around just in case.

If you need them right away you can buy the seals from your Honda shop. The 2 twinrow bearings are the same ones used in a gm compressor housing so they can be had at the local auto parts store also. You can search for the thread with the info in it, look up the member rich250rracer and/or gm compressor and you should find it in this forum. This is only if you need them right away, it was considerably more expensive than buying the bearings off Ebay.