PDA

View Full Version : motor mods

wanna_race
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
thinking about buying a 450r ,and the one im looking at has alot of modifications to the motor, wouldnt all this boreing and stuff make the life of the motor much less, in yalls opinion should i get a stock 450 or a modded one because im looking for a bike that will last me at least 4 years,

pro-rider46
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
are you sure its bored out, most 450rs are just stock bore, how modded are we talking?

wanna_race
10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
well im not 100% positive. but its mostly for drag on 1/8 mile. he showed me his times and its soposed to be the 2nd fastest in louisiana, i don know about all that. but he just said there were alot of motor modifications and im scared that when you start messing wit the motor you start having problems. From my experience that happens alot with motors

pro-rider46
10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
well ask him tommarow, and see what hes got done. then tell us, and we might be able to give you an idea. most quads with some work done, are really reliable, but you have to keep up with regular maintence(sp), but it all differs from quad to quad, no quad is the same

Turboderf
10-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Keep it stock it will last longer

wolfpack13
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by wanna_race
thinking about buying a 450r ,and the one im looking at has alot of modifications to the motor, wouldnt all this boreing and stuff make the life of the motor much less, in yalls opinion should i get a stock 450 or a modded one because im looking for a bike that will last me at least 4 years,

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? If you're just rec riding and don't know how to wrench, I think I'd stay away from a bike that has been modded and raced. Just my opinion.