Thanks,
Landon

cletusEX
10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Around when does everybody do this?

Thanks,
Landon

Depends on when your race season ends and begins. I'll be starting mine the middle of November and hopefully finishing up before the first of the year. I don't ride much in late November and December due too the weather and it being hunting season so having a bike down isn't a problem. First race of the year is usually in early January (local Hangover Harescramle, kind of a tradition), plus it gives me a few months to ride before the season gets going in March.

jherbie28
10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
when there motor blows up:devil: probably when it gets bur ur bbburrr cold:D cant wait to see what my ltr will look like green ahhhhhhhhhhhh what are you planning on yours landon? other then some mods

05Z400rdr
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Haha thanks for the replies, yeah that's what I was thinking, is when it gets pretty cold out. But since my season doesn't start until around the beginning of april, but I do want to get some practice in before then, too. So, I didnt know around what month would be good for me to start it and give me a good few weeks to do it. Hey Josh, yeah I'm hoping my engine doesn't blow anytime soon.... haha. I'll PM you either in a few minutes or later letting you know.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Landon

Exrider434
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
winter;)

05Z400rdr
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM
funny guy :rolleyes:

250xridamatt
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
My engine was just finished last week. I'm going to pick it and my shocks up on Saturday. I'm in the last week of High School Soccer right now, so its perfect timing. I decided I would take a break from riding, to focus on soccer, rebuild my motor, then start riding hard again when soccer was over.

trxwannbe
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
last race is on the 14th and once that race is over the cleaning tearing apart cleaning fixing replacing powdercoating modifying cleaning again and reassembly begins

05Z400rdr
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the reply man! Yeah that's awesome that it is working out for you this soon to do it. I just have to wait. though, because I am going to be riding more yet this year... idk.. lol. I jus wanna do it now so badly but I can't. It's deffinately due for one, though.

Landon

One_Bad_400
10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
depends on how fast the money is rolling in... but if you want a serious answer.... around here its a constant re-build to keep these race bikes running perfect... but durging the hole winter i'm remodeling mine... red white and blue... its been the same blue and black for 2 years... got to get different