PDA

View Full Version : Ripped My tail light/Grab bar off

TCracin440ex
10-04-2007, 01:35 PM
well i was ridding a wheelie not too long ago and i ripped the tail light and grab bar off....i looked at the harness today and there aint no way i can buy a new tail light to put back on the 450 because the plug thats on the wiring harness got ripped off when i rode that wheelie...what should i do about it...i really want my tail light on my 450, can anybody help....im sure this kinda stuff done happened before

pro-rider46
10-04-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah i ripped my tailight plug off. just not in a wheelie, got caught in the chain, i think you might be able to get some leds from radioshack, and just wire them right to the wires where the plug got ripped off, and you can just stick them on light the grab bar, you can get them in sticky strips

chris46250r
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Just fine someone that has taken thier lights off and have no intentions of putting them back on and see if they will sell you the plug and a few inches of wire. They probabaly will, I did.

ShiftFMX
10-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Man, I thought it was the cool thing to do to rip off the Taillight and junk it! :confused: I took mine of at the beginning of the season to put my number plate on, and the I went trail riding last weekend and my buddy on his Rincon Smashed into the back of me, Scratched my nice Attack custom number plate!! I think I'm gonna find a way to rig it back up....oh man, It doesnt work...thats why I took it off, oh well! :p

Lonestar_R
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a PRM Desert Grab Bar for an 06 for sale if you need a new grab bar

TCracin440ex
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
post a picture, and will a tail light work on it...i just want my tail light back because ive been smashed in the reared on my old 400ex before cuz no tail light deal...plus they look really trick at night

i wish i could find somebody who has taken their light off and snip me a few inches of wire off just so i can fix it back

Lonestar_R
10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Yes a tail light will work on it and a pic of it is in this thread:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=317100

IMSROLL450R
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
post a picture, and will a tail light work on it...i just want my tail light back because ive been smashed in the reared on my old 400ex before cuz no tail light deal...plus they look really trick at night

i wish i could find somebody who has taken their light off and snip me a few inches of wire off just so i can fix it back

Someone actually did that for me recently for free and even shipped it to me. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. What a nice guy!!!!!!!! Post a thread asking if anyone has one they dont want.

bloodmoney23
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Not sure if its same plug for the 06 as the 05 but I got the plug for my 05 and yes for free but I aint got no light, I cracked mine in half the same way but harness and everything was fine. Ebay got some new lights just see if you find one cheap.

TCracin440ex
10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
im nt sure if the plug is the same for the 05 either, it should be the same plug cuz its the same tail light...

it looks to be the same im not 100% on that if somebody has an 05 and an 06 could say so id be glad to take that off your hands so i can get my light back

bloodmoney23
10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
i gotta go to local shop tomorrow anyway so ill ask them and if it is ill let u know then ill need u to email me your address.

300ex_#387
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
Someone actually did that for me recently for free and even shipped it to me. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. What a nice guy!!!!!!!! Post a thread asking if anyone has one they dont want.

Wow that guy must be a badazz. Ha Ha....Hope it worked out for you.

IMSROLL450R
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Wow that guy must be a badazz. Ha Ha....Hope it worked out for you.

Haha hell yeah thanks a lot man!!!!!!!!! And also the plug is the same for all year taillights. I put an 06 light on my buddies 05 and it worked fine. Thanks again 300ex!!

TCracin440ex
10-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
i gotta go to local shop tomorrow anyway so ill ask them and if it is ill let u know then ill need u to email me your address.

im going to PM you my addy

400exrider707
10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
The plug you had ripped off is just a long wire with a plug on the other end if I remember correctly, you should be able to buy that little mini tail-light harness, but not positive.

450rJam
10-06-2007, 06:58 AM
cant buy it from honda (the tail light plug is part of the whole harness)
alot of people who buy them to race, start out by stripping them down (lights,park brake etc.)
mine was ripped off on a wheelie gone bad also

I bought one for like 10 bucks, soldered the 3 wires and mounted the tail light to the rear plastics (so it will be protected by the grab bar but no torn off by it)

this is the best pic I have right now (if you would like to see a close up or more details, I can run out and snap a couple)

RAMIT
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
cant buy it from honda (the tail light plug is part of the whole harness)
alot of people who buy them to race, start out by stripping them down (lights,park brake etc.)
mine was ripped off on a wheelie gone bad also

I bought one for like 10 bucks, soldered the 3 wires and mounted the tail light to the rear plastics (so it will be protected by the grab bar but no torn off by it)

this is the best pic I have right now (if you would like to see a close up or more details, I can run out and snap a couple)
Hey where are you riding at in that pic?

450rJam
10-06-2007, 11:36 PM
little sahara oklahoma

heading back the 26th

RAMIT
10-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
little sahara oklahoma

heading back the 26th
It didn't look like it for some reason. Have you made it out to Syracuse yet?