PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Call List

tim colston
10-04-2007, 10:06 AM
The numbers you all entered a couple of years back are about to expire. They are now allowed to call cell phones and YOU will be charged for the call. You must reg. you #'s again and confirm it with a return email. I just did this and this is for real, not spam.

Don't let these *******s call you, follow this link and reg. NOW.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Just passing it along.

Have a good one.

smr
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
there is noway I would get on this list. I love messing with telemarketers.....:devil:

tim colston
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by smr
there is noway I would get on this list. I love messing with telemarketers.....:devil:

I hate the *******s i just wanted to pass the info along. Good luck and might I suggest an airhorn. :devil: :devil: :devil:

ZWILLETT47
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
what ever

tim colston
10-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ZWILLETT47
Dude did you read your link?

The Truth about Cell Phones and the Do Not Call Registry

Despite Re-Circulating E-mail, It is Still Not Necessary to Register Cell Phone Numbers
As the number of phone numbers on the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry surpassed 139 million, the Federal Trade Commission today reiterated that despite the claims made in e-mails circulating on the Internet, consumers should not be concerned that their cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers at any time in the near future. In addition, according to the agency, it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers on the DNC Registry to be protected from most telemarketing calls to cell phones.

The truth about cell phones and the DNC Registry is:

from the link:
Contrary to the e-mail, cell phone numbers are NOT being released to telemarketers, and you will NOT soon be getting telemarketing calls on your cell phone.

There is NO deadline by which you must register your cell phone number on the Registry.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers are barred from calling consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

The national associations representing telemarketers have stated that their clients do not intend to start calling consumers’ cell phones.

There is only ONE DNC Registry. There is no separate registry for cell phones.

The DNC Registry accepts registrations from both cell phones and land lines. You must call from the phone number that you want to register. If you register online, you must respond to a confirmation e-mail.

While the telecommunications industry has been discussing the possibility of creating a wireless 411 directory, according to the FCC, even if a wireless 411 directory is established, most telemarketing calls to cell phones would still be illegal, regardless of whether the number is listed on the federal government’s National Do Not Call Registry.

Dont register it then dude. I could care less what you do. I have heard it, it may be false but I did anyway. No need for a reply to try to make me look stupid, I was just trying to help people out. And by the way I get unsolicited text messages from online pharmacies all the time and I thought this may stop that. I am getting charged for an incoming text message, so do what you will I could care less.

300exOH
10-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info Tim...
I added my cell #s just to be sure.;)

Anything to keep freakin telemarketers of my back...and phone line.:scary:

LTR450_#67
10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
This subject is YEARS old... I never signed up and I've ZERO telemarketers call me........

tim colston
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
This subject is YEARS old... I never signed up and I've ZERO telemarketers call me........

Good for you, don't sign up then. I did this just to get the info out with and link for people who DO get them, not to get dumb responses.

Cr85rRida
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
what if its a trick, and all the numbers on their are going to get called by the goverment to terrorize you:chinese:

tim colston
10-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
what if its a trick, and all the numbers on their are going to get called by the goverment to terrorize you:chinese:

Never thought of that, I may be setting people up to get telebombed.

10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
i signed up the 1st time around. the telemarketers were calling me multiple times daily...then once it took effect, i have not received one call...

i put my cell numbers on just in case...they may not need to be on now, but who knows in the future...

tim colston
10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i signed up the 1st time around. the telemarketers were calling me multiple times daily...then once it took effect, i have not received one call...

i put my cell numbers on just in case...they may not need to be on now, but who knows in the future...

that is my point Speedyquad. I was getting bombarded with telemarketer calls then all the sudden they stopped.

gncc025
10-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by smr

i signed but i understand ur point

:devil:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5rf9fXMblc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5rf9fXMblc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
that is my point Speedyquad. I was getting bombarded with telemarketer calls then all the sudden they stopped.

i picked up on that...seems we will be the only ones not being hassled by them...i'll keep all my numbers on the list...i even put my parents and in-laws number son there since they are not all that computer/internet savvy...

tim colston
10-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i picked up on that...seems we will be the only ones not being hassled by them...i'll keep all my numbers on the list...i even put my parents and in-laws number son there since they are not all that computer/internet savvy...

I did it too. my mother complains all the time that they call her during dinner time and she goes off. So I put her number in and hopefully the calls will cease.