PDA

View Full Version : tie rods, lock nuts, ends QS.

beobe99
10-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Well the used aftermarket +2 tie rods (with ball joints) I got here with a parts lot didnt have the jam nuts on there..

I bought some oem jam nuts and they dont fit... Either the aftermarket tie rods (laeger i think considering they came with the laeger arms) are thicker? or they dont need the jam nuts???

anyone not use the jam nuts on there tierods???

cdrookie
10-04-2007, 04:08 AM
all tie rods need jam nuts

beobe99
10-04-2007, 05:13 AM
do you know if laeger makes a thicker tierod and requiers there jam nut by chance?

Thanks

xlr810
10-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Do you have special tie rod ends from Laeger also?

If the OEM jam nuts don't thread on, then neither will the stock type tie rod ends.

Aceman
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I bet a phone call to Laeger would of cleared this up in 30 seconds............

MossboysRacing
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I would just take your tir-rod to your local True-Value or Sears Hardware. ( If you have them in your area) Their nut and bolt area has a ton of standard and metric nuts and bolts. I Have specifically found Jam nuts their for my aftermarket stainless tie-rods that i use. Just a thought

beobe99
10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I bet a phone call to Laeger would of cleared this up in 30 seconds............

Well with this being an informative website and the thread was allready going I figured I'd ask in here..

Mossboyracing - Thanks for the tip. I could go to homedepot for nuts/bolts and all.. I thought the bolts themself were threaded different but I guess its the tie rods.

Aceman
10-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by beobe99
I guess with Phones now in every household they should shut down this forum completely..

Your responce reads arrogant to me.. not sure if you ment it to be..

Your taking it a bit far, don't you think?

No one had answered your question satifactorily at the time I posted. That is why I made my comment. You could make a follow up post once you get the needed info from Laeger so the outcome will still be available to others. It seemed like the easiest and quickest way to me, that's all.;)

beobe99
10-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Your taking it a bit far, don't you think?

No one had answered your question satifactorily at the time I posted. That is why I made my comment. You could make a follow up post once you get the needed info from Laeger so the outcome will still be available to others. It seemed like the easiest and quickest way to me, that's all.;)

Hehe yeah maybe i snapped back to fast there (I edited my responce). Ill prob just head out to homdepot for the nuts.. I was always under the impression that the nuts were reverse threaded and "special" (just spent 10 bucks on 250r jam nuts on ebay that dont work on my tierods):mad: