PDA

View Full Version : This Made My Night !

Ghost-Rider
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
LoL Ricer got pwned...

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cobra/5/0FFC1A88-B218-46BF-83DF-9A74192CEDB6.htm

ShiftFMX
10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
"Vtech b!tch" :p :rolleyes: What a douche

Ghost-Rider
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
"Vtech b!tch" :p :rolleyes: What a douche

LoL,

Robin Hood
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
LoL,

LMAO

trxwannbe
10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
no way that was a 1st to 3rd powershift by the mustang at the end and that mustang would be working pretty damn hard to pull a newer honda or an acura integra (same motor) with the ls v-tec in it but why the hell do that when you can get a 2jz motor to shove in their but in truth if you want to race a ricer get one of these

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKj8PUY593w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKj8PUY593w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtGnJrRLpYY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtGnJrRLpYY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNAPp5V4YJg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNAPp5V4YJg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kickstarts-suck
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
[B]no way that was a 1st to 3rd powershift by the mustang at the end and that mustang would be working pretty damn hard to pull a newer honda or an acura integra (same motor) with the ls v-tec in it but why the hell do that when you can get a 2jz motor to shove in their but in truth if you want to race a ricer get one of these

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icr_IR1Bj1Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icr_IR1Bj1Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>;)

procircuit406ex
10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
no way that was a 1st to 3rd powershift by the mustang at the end and that mustang would be working pretty damn hard to pull a newer honda or an acura integra (same motor) with the ls v-tec in it but why the hell do that when you can get a 2jz motor to shove in their but in truth if you want to race a ricer get one of these

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrHjKaSTIYY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrHjKaSTIYY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

underpowered
10-03-2007, 09:28 PM

i highly doubt that. cobra 390hp, honduh maybe 200.

and Vtech is crap. really. almost all manufacturers use some sort of variable timing. honda put a name on it and it meant something. just like the hemi by dodge.

did you know that Chevy came out with the first 'hemi" engine? dodge put a name to it and got famous, even though it was not their idea.

maybe it is just me, but i hate rice. especially when they get their as$ handed to them by cobra, and still talk crap at stop lights. your "fast" 13-14 second car is not really fast.

Toadz400
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
i highly doubt that. cobra 390hp, honduh maybe 200.

and Vtech is crap. really. almost all manufacturers use some sort of variable timing. honda put a name on it and it meant something. just like the hemi by dodge.

did you know that Chevy came out with the first 'hemi" engine? dodge put a name to it and got famous, even though it was not their idea.

maybe it is just me, but i hate rice. especially when they get their ***** handed to them by cobra, and still talk crap at stop lights. your "fast" 13-14 second car is not really fast.

Yep. I always get annoyed when people brag about having a "Hemi". There's nothing special to it.

Skyline's though aren't rice, at least when they're not touched by some stupid kid that puts a 10 ft wing and 400lbs of body kit on it.

Titanium
10-04-2007, 09:26 AM
im not trying to start a pissing match and start another war but i really dont believe that the hatchback had a type R motor swap in it. my buddy T.R has a hatchback with a type R motor in it and he has an exhaust/cold air intake and a mild skunk2 cam in it and he eats GT mustangs with mild work done to them. but if it is a type R motor then its got some serious problems. or the driver has some serious problems.

400EXtreme
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
im not trying to start a pissing match and start another war but i really dont believe that the hatchback had a type R motor swap in it. my buddy T.R has a hatchback with a type R motor in it and he has an exhaust/cold air intake and a mild skunk2 cam in it and he eats GT mustangs with mild work done to them. but if it is a type R motor then its got some serious problems. or the driver has some serious problems.

chris46250r
10-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Whats under the hatchbacks hood is not the real factor here, its the geek behind the wheel! He might have been reaching over to far and grabbing the the wrong "stick" if you know what I mean.

10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/03KCevGsF_M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/03KCevGsF_M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

here you go enjoy this u american car lovers

Toadz400
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Doesn't look like that Camaro, or whatever it was, was really trying. You can hear the engine is barely revving as they pull away. I think all these videos of racing on highways is bullcrap. Bring it to a drag strip where it belongs, not out on the street where you can get people killed. That's my opinion.

As for imports, I hate every one of them that has a fart can, semi-truck intake and exhaust and all they can do is "race" on the street. If they can show up to the strip or track and put down some serious numbers, I'm impressed and congratulate them on making a small car fast.

10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Doesn't look like that Camaro, or whatever it was, was really trying. You can hear the engine is barely revving as they pull away. I think all these videos of racing on highways is bullcrap. Bring it to a drag strip where it belongs, not out on the street where you can get people killed. That's my opinion.

As for imports, I hate every one of them that has a fart can, semi-truck intake and exhaust and all they can do is "race" on the street. If they can show up to the strip or track and put down some serious numbers, I'm impressed and congratulate them on making a small car fast.

who cares if a car can go in a straight line all that takes is power how about taking a turn at high speeds now theres something ur chevy or ford cant do

416exfreak
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh my god...here we go again.:rolleyes:

Ghost-Rider
10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Polak that was V dubs not even rice...

Originally posted by 416exfreak
Oh my god...here we go again.:rolleyes:

Yup,
http://will.incorrige.us/facepalm/picard.jpeg

10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
no that video was a lexus IS330 not a vdub

07250ex
10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Yep. I always get annoyed when people brag about having a "Hemi". There's nothing special to it.

Skyline's though aren't rice, at least when they're not touched by some stupid kid that puts a 10 ft wing and 400lbs of body kit on it.

yeah hemis arent anything special .. a 400ex has a hemi

416exfreak
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
yeah hemis arent anything special .. a 400ex has a hemi

More input from you????

I dont wanna lose any IQ points tonight...:(

07250ex
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
More input from you????

I dont wanna lose any IQ points tonight...:(

hahahaha ... but rfvc ... radial four valve combustion chamber ... hemi hemishperical combustion chamber ....

radial = round
hemishpherical = round

10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
If that made your night, then damn you need a life.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Se_l5bq0MTA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Se_l5bq0MTA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kickstarts-suck
10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
If that made your night, then damn you need a life.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Se_l5bq0MTA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Se_l5bq0MTA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

wow these videos are Very rare. First time ive seen one..

416exfreak
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
hahahaha ... but rfvc ... radial four valve combustion chamber ... hemi hemishperical combustion chamber ....

radial = round
hemishpherical = round

Your half right.

radial does mean round, in a sense.

Hemispherical (hemi) means Half of a circle, not necisarilly just round.:eek2:

10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
wow these videos are Very rare. First time ive seen one..

Of course there rare. look what your comparing. A huge v8 to a tiny i4. The way I see it, imports should only race imports, domestics only race domestics, and exotics only race exotics. Most of the time a domestic will win against the import seeing as it's twice the engine. Until an exotic blows them both away.

scottsworld
10-04-2007, 07:58 PM
i like the guys making fun of vtech and they dont even know what it is or how it works it is, its not the timing you douch its the cam shifting to different lobesWhat is VTEC?

First off, let's talk about what VTEC is NOT.

VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC. No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, no anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. If you cannot respect the technology and simply use the correct spelling, you do not deserve what it gives you.

A 2 year old could spell it - it's just basic ABCs. Capital V Capital T Capital E and Capital C. That's it. This misspelling is something that is becoming more and more prevalent as Honda trickles this technology to all models and more people buy cars utilizing VTEC technology. It's my number one biggest pet-peeve. I am now seeing it in magazines articles, personal Web sites, across people's windshields, on Message Boards, company Web sites, and even PRODUCT ADVERTISEMENTS by companies who MAKE products for the VTEC! Heck, I've even seen it on the side of a professional import racer's car - someone who has been doing this for a long time and runs in the 10's. They get a lot of press and magazines print a lot of pictures. It surprises me that no one has told this person that the side of their car says "1.8L V-TEC". Uh, HELLO?!?!?!?!?!? And millions of people read these magazines that have the pictures of this car, and suddenly think Honda has some sort of new technology. Anyways, enough with the soapbox talk, let's get on with it. Just remember, it's spelled VTEC and only VTEC.

So what IS VTEC? VTEC is Honda's trademarked acronym for Variable valve Timing and Electronic lift Control. Put simply, it's a method of directly altering the cam profile that valves "see", so that the optimum grind can be utilized at either high or low rpm.Honda currently has three different VTEC systems for sale in the U.S., but the primary differences are level of complexity and design purpose. Since the high performance version is the most often discussed, I'll describe it: The high performance VTEC system, which made it's debut in the Honda NSX, later became available on various other models - Integra, Prelude, delSol, Civic, Accord, etc.

Using radical cam grinds to improve engine horsepower is certainly nothing new, but the problem lies in driveability. The very aspects of a cam grind that work so well for horsepower (high lift, long overlap,etc.) do so by creating an ideal situation for a high air flow at high engine speeds. Unfortunately, what works well for that situation has the inverse affect on low speed torque and driveability. Perhaps at one time or another we've all heard the V-8 hot rod that has a cam grind so radical that it can't even maintain an idle, and the driver must constantly goose the accelerator to keep the engine running. What to do? How about two different cam grinds, each optimized for a different half of the rpm range. Honda achieves this with a rather simple method. Picture, if you will, one cylinder of a DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder engine. There are 4 cam lobes, each directly operating a valve (two intake, two exhaust). The VTEC system has two more cam lobes, in between each pair of the other respective sets. These two can then be our high-rpm lobes, while the other four are the low-rpm lobes. The low-rpm lobes in this case then actuate the valves through a set of rocker arms, so that the mechanical connection can be broken if desired. The third, high-rpm lobe also has it's own follower, but it is in a freewheeling state,flopping around and not contributing anything. As our engine accelerates through it's rev range, it passes through the power peak of the low-rpm lobes. Then, at the engine speed and throttle position programmed into the computer's memory map a signal is sent which electronically opens a spool valve, which then directs oil pressure to a mechanical sliding pin. This pin locks the rocker arms actuating the valves to the follower on the high-rpm cam lobe. As this grind is steeper and higher then the other four cams it will supersede them. In a few milliseconds you have completely altered the valve timing and the engine's power band begins anew.The obvious benefits to this are the high-rpm power associated with a radical cam grind, but with little or no negative affects on low speed idle, driveability or torque. Just changing a fixed timing engine to a cam grind equal to the high-rpm one used in the VTEC would produce an engine which is utterly gutless below 5000rpm. Clearly, this system is intended to improve performance first, with little effect elsewhere. But such a system can be used differently, as that in the Civic VX. In this instance, the low-rpm lobes give a staggered timing, where one valve opens fully but the second cracks just a bit. This is to induce a high swirl rate into the chamber to promote better combustion, which, when combined with a computer-actuated lean burn helps to achieve high mileage. The high-rpm lobes in this engine are a more conventional grind associated with a sixteen valve 4-cylinder, to provide extra power in cases of passing or merging. The VTEC system used in most Civics (EX, Si and the delSol Si but NOT delSol VTEC)is a little closer to that in the NSX, etc. The difference being that this system is vastly simplified and operates on the intake valves ONLY. The exhaust are actuated conventionallywhich reduces effect somewhat from full VTEC system. This is partly to reduce costsand because engine a SOHC complex system of rocker arms actuate sixteen prohibitive on Accord close in design to that on the Civics as well, optimized more for a smooth power delivery then high horsepower.The negative effects? Very few, really. Obviously it's very expensive, with many complex parts involved. The biggest drawback is the limitation to only two "modes" of valve timing. Most engineers are still seeking ways to obtain unlimited variance of the valve timing, so that it can be optimized to any engine speed, not just high or low rpm. BMW's system approaches this method with a completely different method of varying the valve timing. It is almost infinitely adjustable *within it's range*, but alas it has a much smaller envelope between the two extremes of it's variability than is possible with the Honda system.

The Honda VTEC variable valve timing system explained in the 1991 CRX

Fig. 1
The 1.6 liter DOHC engine with VTEC used in the 1991 CRX.
The VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control) system is explained here by example of the 1.6 liter DOHC engine used in the CRX, which was in 1991 the first car equipped with such an engine. It has four valves/cylinder and two overhead camshafts.

Fig. 2
The outside cams operate on the valves by outside rockers.
Fig. 3
The three rockers are interconnected by the two hydraulically operated pins A and B.
The cam in the middle operates on the valves by the interconnected rockers.

For every cylinder there are three cams on the camshaft and three rockers instead of the usual two. At low to middle revs the outside in- and output cams are used. They have their own rockers which operate on accompanying valves. These cams are designed for moderate lift and timing. (Fig. 2).
At high revs the middle cam is used. It has a high lift and different timing. This cam operates on the middle rocker. The indirect selection of the two different type of cams is done hydraulically by shifting a pin, consisting of two parts A and B, in the rockers by which the middle rocker takes along the two outside ones, which as a result, also receive the fast middle cam profile. The valves are opened wide and for a longer period for more power. (Fig.3).

The two cam types have their own power distribution curve. At one point in both curves the engine delivers the same power. At this point the motor management switches from one state to the other. As a result the transition occurs smooth and without notice, except for some more push

Kickstarts-suck
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
i like the guys making fun of vtech and they dont even know what it is or how it works it is, its not the timing you douch its the cam shifting to different lobesWhat is VTEC?

VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC. No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, no anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC.

V TAK!

trick450r
10-04-2007, 10:13 PM
huh what

i thought you spelled it POS..no capitals no dashes, afterall a 2 year old could spell it.

underpowered
10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld

VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC. No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, no anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. If you cannot respect the technology and simply use the correct spelling, you do not deserve what it gives you.

settle down there scooter. but guess what? still not new technology. manufactures take change the timing (the second letter in Vtec). not only ignition timing, but actual cam timing as well. amazing huh. and other manufactures use alternate profiles as well, not just honda. nissan, porsche, mitsubishi as well as others have their own versions. but really, vtec is nothin special.

really, Vtec, VTEC, v-tec, V-TEC or however you spell it is nothin to get excited about. just don't get your panties in a wad about it. everyone has their opinion, this is just mine. i don't like rice, any way shape or form. i respect fast cars, but not kids thinking their car is fast.

CannondaleRider
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
settle down there scooter. but guess what? still not new technology. manufactures take change the timing (the second letter in Vtec). not only ignition timing, but actual cam timing as well. amazing huh. and other manufactures use alternate profiles as well, not just honda. nissan, porsche, mitsubishi as well as others have their own versions. but really, vtec is nothin special.

really, Vtec, VTEC, v-tec, V-TEC or however you spell it is nothin to get excited about. just don't get your panties in a wad about it. everyone has their opinion, this is just mine. i don't like rice, any way shape or form. i respect fast cars, but not kids thinking their car is fast.

Exactly.

If your someone that has a VTEC, or WHATEVER it may be in the import world.....and it's fast, serious, no joke fast. And doesn't have a elixir of pointless parts on it.....Then I respect you.

BUT, if you are a stupid kid, in a Fartcan imitation of a fast car, and are trying to be cocky and show me up.....then you can choke on some sulfur as a Dodge diesel.....with four times the weight....leaves your poser *** behind.

Respectable car, respectable driver, we are fine.....stupid car, stupid driver, we have some issues.

Titanium
10-04-2007, 11:25 PM
just remember guys ...alot of cars that you guys portray as slow can be fast with the right driver;) if your not careful your gonna get showed up by one of these so called "ricers" and your gonna end up leaving with your tail between your legs. now im not full out rice. i have a Acura Integra with a 5 speed and i couldnt be happier with it. I do have a so called "fart can" on it. but you know what no matter what just about any aftermarket exhaust is going to sound like this on a 4 cylinder. and even though you guys are making it sound like you gain now power with these "fart cans" the people that actually get a real exhaust system(bigger diameter piping and race cat) actually do gain quite a bit of difference. i did this and got a very noticable power difference and a snappier throttle response.

and every time i hear the word "ricer" i think what an idiot. we're not ricers we're TUNERS! we dont have the money to buy all these fancy mustang GT's and Camaro SS's that you guys have. Tuners are here for CHEAP power and RELIABLITY. And quit doggin on us because if you get the right driver behind a decent TUNER you guys are going to get your heads handed to you.

Also if we were to spend the difference in money as you spend on buying your fancy late model mustang GT on our motor im pretty sure we could eat your lunch. but seriously take a min and think about it. i payed 4 grand for my 97 acura integra and you guys that are spending around 10 to 15 grand or more for your Mustangs and such while if i had that money i could dump the 6 to 10 grand difference in my motor and have a 9 or 10 second car while you stuck with your stock 13 second car. :eek: and even better yet i'll still be able to corner better than most of you guys because i was smart enough to dump 900 bucks or so on a decent lowering kit with a respectable suspension sestup. :chinese:

now dont think im all rice. im workin on a sleeper project right now as we speak. i have a 1980 buick LeSabre limited coupe(dont laugh) that is gettin a motor/tranny/ and rear end swap done to it. I've got a motor out of a old vette (350 4 bolt main) that im boring out to a 355 and im shooting for around 400 horse. its goin to have a TH350 leading to a rear end with 4.11 gears in the rear end.

I'm not biased to either tuners or muscle. i kno the best of both worlds. both of them have there ups and downs like anything else in the world. kotex vs. platex. it doesnt matter. so lets all make peace.

underpowered
10-05-2007, 07:33 AM
titanium, you make some valid points about money and so on.

but there is a difference between ricers and tuners. ricers is the average high school kid with a body kit, wing, fart can, and cut springs. a true tuner actualy put alot of thought into their ride, and is one of those "fast" cars i talked about before, not one that thinks it is fast and goes out only to be annihilated by a stang.

and for money. you can pic up and early model (93-96) v-8 f-body camaro for cheap like 3grand or less. the later LS1 powered cars are a bit more, but down to about 6 grand for one. so not that bad IMO. but look at it this way. take that 6-10 grand your dropping in your4 banger, drop it in to a V8 and all the sudden you are turning 8's or 9's in the 1/4, and still ahve money to make it handle. f-body's are great handling cars with a little susp. work. better than your honda.

and not all kids with their "fancy mustangs and camaro" are have money. i would say most ricers have more money in their cars than the muscle guys do. and like me, i have a newer truck, with alot done to it/ alot getting done as we speak. am i a rich kid? by no means, i just work hard for everything i own. and i have bought everything, nothing was given to me, parents did not help at all. and i am only 20.

Titanium
10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
titanium, you make some valid points about money and so on.

but there is a difference between ricers and tuners. ricers is the average high school kid with a body kit, wing, fart can, and cut springs. a true tuner actualy put alot of thought into their ride, and is one of those "fast" cars i talked about before, not one that thinks it is fast and goes out only to be annihilated by a stang.

and for money. you can pic up and early model (93-96) v-8 f-body camaro for cheap like 3grand or less. the later LS1 powered cars are a bit more, but down to about 6 grand for one. so not that bad IMO. but look at it this way. take that 6-10 grand your dropping in your4 banger, drop it in to a V8 and all the sudden you are turning 8's or 9's in the 1/4, and still ahve money to make it handle. f-body's are great handling cars with a little susp. work. better than your honda.

and not all kids with their "fancy mustangs and camaro" are have money. i would say most ricers have more money in their cars than the muscle guys do. and like me, i have a newer truck, with alot done to it/ alot getting done as we speak. am i a rich kid? by no means, i just work hard for everything i own. and i have bought everything, nothing was given to me, parents did not help at all. and i am only 20.

dont forget about how much your insurance cost you guys. mine doesnt cost me much at all. and as for early f-body's you were talkin about. those must be some fixer uppers with high mileage. and as for the LS1's they must have some pretty high mileage too for those cheap of prices. and im not trying to sound like a know-it-all but i seriously have a hard time believing that a f-body is going to out handle a light car such as a Acura Integra. Try and out handle a Acura Integra Type R they have been said to out handle many supercars.:eek2: sounds kinda fake but its true. i think i read it on streetfire.net. but even at that try and get an F-body or mustang to handle as good as a EVO or an STI with the kind of power that they get. i've seen EVO's that push almost 1100 horse to the wheels. and they're one of the best handling cars that i know of. Same goes for the STI.

Titanium
10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
also...if i can find it i have a vid with a CRX beating a Murcielago on a course.

Villageidiott83
10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
they r also all wheel drive. and with that comes all wheel drive lag. anyway i like the buick idea, my friend has one, your def gonna need some kind of stiffer susp. unless you want to float around on the DYNARIDE hahaha.

Titanium
10-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
they r also all wheel drive. and with that comes all wheel drive lag. anyway i like the buick idea, my friend has one, your def gonna need some kind of stiffer susp. unless you want to float around on the DYNARIDE hahaha.

yea i've go comp air shocks in the rear and im riggin up some fronts off of a truck that are much stiffer and surprisingly have shorter travel than my stock ones

Villageidiott83
10-05-2007, 08:18 AM
yeah that car is comfy as hell but damn does it sway. im sure its heavy too. you gonna shave some weight... ?

Titanium
10-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
yeah that car is comfy as hell but damn does it sway. im sure its heavy too. you gonna shave some weight... ?

surprisingly it only weighs 3900 pounds with 2 people in it. thats about 150 pounds more than my friends 83 cutlass. but im might do weight reduction on it. im not real worried about it yet. i kinda like the stock electric seats and such:D :macho otherwise i dont really know what i can do for weight reduction other than stripping the interior.

underpowered
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
dont forget about how much your insurance cost you guys. mine doesnt cost me much at all. and as for early f-body's you were talkin about. those must be some fixer uppers with high mileage. and as for the LS1's they must have some pretty high mileage too for those cheap of prices. and im not trying to sound like a know-it-all but i seriously have a hard time believing that a f-body is going to out handle a light car such as a Acura Integra. Try and out handle a Acura Integra Type R they have been said to out handle many supercars.:eek2: sounds kinda fake but its true. i think i read it on streetfire.net. but even at that try and get an F-body or mustang to handle as good as a EVO or an STI with the kind of power that they get. i've seen EVO's that push almost 1100 horse to the wheels. and they're one of the best handling cars that i know of. Same goes for the STI.

just for kicks what do you pay for insurance? for full coverage on my truck, i only pay 110 a month. not bad considering my age, i'm a guy with a big 4x4 truck. even on olde vehicles, like my 97 cherokee i still paid 80 a month for liability only.

and i am not trying to sound like a know it all either, jsut stating what i know. but as for the f-body's and price. i found one, a 1995 with LT1 motor, Z28 for 3500. not bad at all. 86k, so milage is good as well. they are dropping in price alot lately. and look around, an LS1 car is only about 6. stock is 305-325 horse(depending on year, and trim level) add a cam, headers, PCM, and a CAI for an easy 100hp at the wheels, 120 or so at the crank. do heads and valves for another 100HP. you can add 200hp to an ls1 car for only $1500 lets see you do that to a honda. you can have a 450RWHP car for not alot of cash. with my truck, stock is about 240 at the wheels, 295 at the crank. adding a cam, headers, PCM, and a CAI to put me around 350 at the wheels. and yes, lower an f-body a little, bigger sway bars, and springs and you can handle with the best of them. as far as the evo goes, apples to oranges my freind. of course AWD will handle better than RWD. but you have to look at this as well. a rwd car requires a much different driving style. have you ever driven a powerful, V-8 RWD car? the rear end likes to hang out a bit, but once you learn to use that to your advantage it will make you much quicker. a fwd will not do that, as it is pulling itself through corners, not pushing itself.

i30nes
10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
None the less you wanna talk about fast cars... This would be the cheapest way to do things:devil:
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=0a76efd0-9462-472a-8b45-b70201de02ab" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Titanium
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
just for kicks what do you pay for insurance? for full coverage on my truck, i only pay 110 a month. not bad considering my age, i'm a guy with a big 4x4 truck. even on olde vehicles, like my 97 cherokee i still paid 80 a month for liability only.

and i am not trying to sound like a know it all either, jsut stating what i know. but as for the f-body's and price. i found one, a 1995 with LT1 motor, Z28 for 3500. not bad at all. 86k, so milage is good as well. they are dropping in price alot lately. and look around, an LS1 car is only about 6. stock is 305-325 horse(depending on year, and trim level) add a cam, headers, PCM, and a CAI for an easy 100hp at the wheels, 120 or so at the crank. do heads and valves for another 100HP. you can add 200hp to an ls1 car for only $1500 lets see you do that to a honda. you can have a 450RWHP car for not alot of cash. with my truck, stock is about 240 at the wheels, 295 at the crank. adding a cam, headers, PCM, and a CAI to put me around 350 at the wheels. and yes, lower an f-body a little, bigger sway bars, and springs and you can handle with the best of them. as far as the evo goes, apples to oranges my freind. of course AWD will handle better than RWD. but you have to look at this as well. a rwd car requires a much different driving style. have you ever driven a powerful, V-8 RWD car? the rear end likes to hang out a bit, but once you learn to use that to your advantage it will make you much quicker. a fwd will not do that, as it is pulling itself through corners, not pushing itself.

yes i've driven powerful rear wheel drive cars. i've driven a 70 chevelle fully set up for drag pushing 650 horse and i loved it to death and made a wet spot in my pants. but to me its still hard to believe that an F-body is gonna out handle an Integra. Every time i see front wheel drives vs. rears on the course i always see the frontwheel drives up front because they can corner so well. and as for my insurance mine is 130$ a month for full coverage and for liability i pay a little over 70$ a month. but right now thats all i have. I cant really afford full coverage right now but i should be back on with in the next month or 2. but either way im not biased to tuners or muscle. anything can be fast with the right driver.

underpowered
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
yes i've driven powerful rear wheel drive cars. i've driven a 70 chevelle fully set up for drag pushing 650 horse and i loved it to death and made a wet spot in my pants. but to me its still hard to believe that an F-body is gonna out handle an Integra. Every time i see front wheel drives vs. rears on the course i always see the frontwheel drives up front because they can corner so well. and as for my insurance mine is 130$ a month for full coverage and for liability i pay a little over 70$ a month. but right now thats all i have. I cant really afford full coverage right now but i should be back on with in the next month or 2. but either way im not biased to tuners or muscle. anything can be fast with the right driver.

lol o i bet. but like i said before. it is two different world drving a RWD vs. a FWD or especiall an AWD car.

but that is one of the best thing i have heard yet "anything can be fast with the right driver" that is very true. a much lesser car can beat a better car with the right driver.

but i can't say an f-body will out handle an integra, as i have never driven one. jsut saying that with a little susp. work an f-body will handle amazing. american muscle is more than jsut straight lines, some of them actually corner to.

underpowered
10-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by i30nes
None the less you wanna talk about fast cars... This would be the cheapest way to do things:devil:
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=0a76efd0-9462-472a-8b45-b70201de02ab" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

bottles are for babies. once you grow up, you will be weened off the bottle.

"all throttle, no bottle" is the only way to be. yes nitrous is an easy power adder, but can have expensive side effects if not done properly. i think i'll stick to all motor

i30nes
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
bottles are for babies. once you grow up, you will be weened off the bottle.

"all throttle, no bottle" is the only way to be. yes nitrous is an easy power adder, but can have expensive side effects if not done properly. i think i'll stick to all motor

I fully agree about the bottles are for babies... But honestly... What more can you do to a goped :blah:

underpowered
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by i30nes
I fully agree about the bottles are for babies... But honestly... What more can you do to a goped :blah:

good point. put a bigger motor on one. you can really built a weed eater motor. mechanic here at work has a weed eater motor on his RC boat. turns 50,000 RPM. runs 92 actual miles per hour.

Hyperwarrior22
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
V tak racer

Toadz400
10-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Are Indy cars FWD or RWD?

As for insurance, I'm sure you're insurance would be high if you told them everything you had done to your car. Insurance is only higher on the muscle cars because stock they're fast. Your cars are family cars that are meant for going back and forth to work in a comfortable ride. If you dumped $10k in you car you're insurance wouldn't go up unless you wanted to be covered for that money you put in.

As for Imports being so much cheaper than Domestic cars...my sister's RSX Type-S was 25k brand new. That's with only 210 HP and it's got V-TAK YO!!:p

Titanium
10-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Are Indy cars FWD or RWD?

As for insurance, I'm sure you're insurance would be high if you told them everything you had done to your car. Insurance is only higher on the muscle cars because stock they're fast. Your cars are family cars that are meant for going back and forth to work in a comfortable ride. If you dumped $10k in you car you're insurance wouldn't go up unless you wanted to be covered for that money you put in.

As for Imports being so much cheaper than Domestic cars...my sister's RSX Type-S was 25k brand new. That's with only 210 HP and it's got V-TAK YO!!:p

im just gonna put an end to this lol. none of them are really better than eachother. its all about the drivers preference. like i've said before im not biased to either of them i just was tryin to make a point about front wheel drives. and as for underpowered statement "lol o i bet." you can bet because one of our farmhands collects cars and he's a big GM fan. i can take pictures of the cars that he has and show you. im not trying to start an argument but dont call me a liar. i cant get a picture of the chevelle because he sold it about 6 months ago but i can put pics of his other cars 78 T/A, 68 firebird, 73 split bumper...etc that i have driven. none of them are near as powerful as his chevelle. but the T/A is pushing around 430 horse for sure it was ran on a dyno almost a month ago.

Titanium
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Here's the Lambo getting beat by a CRX with a b18 with a turbo and Nitrous setup. go 6:20 in to the vid and thats where the race is.. Enjoy:eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/67d19cce-1150-4082-8fe1-99bb01093e3c.htm

underpowered
10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
im just gonna put an end to this lol. none of them are really better than eachother. its all about the drivers preference. like i've said before im not biased to either of them i just was tryin to make a point about front wheel drives. and as for underpowered statement "lol o i bet." you can bet because one of our farmhands collects cars and he's a big GM fan. i can take pictures of the cars that he has and show you. im not trying to start an argument but dont call me a liar. i cant get a picture of the chevelle because he sold it about 6 months ago but i can put pics of his other cars 78 T/A, 68 firebird, 73 split bumper...etc that i have driven. none of them are near as powerful as his chevelle. but the T/A is pushing around 430 horse for sure it was ran on a dyno almost a month ago.

you took that the wrong way. i meant O i bet it made a wet spot in your pant. i fully believe you drove it, not calling you a liar at all. jsut sayign that there is nothin like driving a high horsepower RWD car. sorry if you took that the wrong way, but i did not mean it like that. driving my buddies camaro will do it to me every time lol.

but really. how many real race cars are FWD? nascar, indy cars, super cars, top drag cars, nearly every major racing series is ALL rwd cars. that should say something right there.

and that CRX is not rice. it is a great car. looks stock form the outside, it is somethin i would drive. but if it had a body kit, lowered with a 15 color pain job, count me out and call it rice. like i said i respect fast cars.

Kickstarts-suck
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Here's the Lambo getting beat by a CRX with a b18 with a turbo and Nitrous setup. go 6:20 in to the vid and thats where the race is.. Enjoy:eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/67d19cce-1150-4082-8fe1-99bb01093e3c.htm

its fake ;)

Titanium
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
its fake ;)

you're fake:eek: ;)

Kickstarts-suck
10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
you're fake:eek: ;)

NO!:chinese:

400exrider989
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c7bf2e28-32e7-4904-b5f9-f3d0275dc7d8.htm

how many v-takcs can turn tires like this, sound as good and stay running for more then 1 day

400exrider989
10-05-2007, 08:50 PM
if anyone can show me a street legal v-TaC that can do this please dont be shy

400exrider989
10-05-2007, 08:51 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/57866947-8763-481b-a3fb-ec1935107c60.htm

400exrider989
10-05-2007, 08:56 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7d4e3e4f-8520-4f9a-884c-3bcd6bd9b469.htm v-tekc just wont cut it

Ron89
10-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I own an 05 STI and I could care less that it's a Jap car. You can call it a ricer or whatever you want but it rides like a dream. The sound is amazing, the car throws you in the seat, it stops on a dime, takes bends at any speed with no screeching tires, has virtually no body roll, and has almost no turbo lag. When you punch it, BAM, the power is there. I NEVER have a problem hanging with a car on the streets and I'm bone stock. Not to mention it gets 22 mpg. I hated Jap cars at first too out of pure ignorance but now I give them some respect. (Just certain ones though LOL) I agree some of them are pretty embarrassing but on the other hand, there are some very, very fast ones lurking around.

There are just as many "ricer" (for lack of a better term) v8's on the street too, making plenty of noise but proving to be slow and sluggish. Laughing at them is just as fun as watching them try to gun it off the line at green lights. Just because grandma's Lincoln Town Car has a v8 doesn't mean its quick.

The best is when I get pick-ups revving their engines at the light. Its usually some rusty 80s POS that has a loud exhaust. I'm almost surprised all the bondo doesn't flake off. Give me a break...

underpowered
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
I own an 05 STI and I could care less that it's a Jap car. You can call it a ricer or whatever you want but it rides like a dream. The sound is amazing, the car throws you in the seat, it stops on a dime, takes bends at any speed with no screeching tires, has virtually no body roll, and has almost no turbo lag. When you punch it, BAM, the power is there. I NEVER have a problem hanging with a car on the streets and I'm bone stock. Not to mention it gets 22 mpg. I hated Jap cars at first too out of pure ignorance but now I give them some respect. (Just certain ones though LOL) I agree some of them are pretty embarrassing but on the other hand, there are some very, very fast ones lurking around.

There are just as many "ricer" (for lack of a better term) v8's on the street too, making plenty of noise but proving to be slow and sluggish. Laughing at them is just as fun as watching them try to gun it off the line at green lights. Just because grandma's Lincoln Town Car has a v8 doesn't mean its quick.

The best is when I get pick-ups revving their engines at the light. Its usually some rusty 80s POS that has a loud exhaust. I'm almost surprised all the bondo doesn't flake off. Give me a break...

i agree, kinda.

there are all kinds of ricer camaro's and stangs out there to. big wings, and such on them. and i hate them as much as the jap rice as well. i hate rice whether it be domestic or foreign.

but trucks i don't agree. you'd be suprised by many trucks out there. many are much quicker than what you would think. if you read my earlier post, with only a cam, headers, and a PCM in my truck i will be puttin down 300+ HP at the wheels, probably closer to 350hp. not to shabby for a truck, so one day you will be supirsed when you get your hiney handed to you by a big 4x4. PS. don't mess with deisels, most are pretty quick with only a tune, nothing else. they will surprise you.

Blue250X
10-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Most of the trucks around here that rev their engines at the stoplights have to do it to keep them running:chinese: haha, but I do agree with underpowered, trucks can be faster than you think, I wouldn't underestimate them.

Kickstarts-suck
10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
Most of the trucks around here that rev their engines at the stoplights have to do it to keep them running:chinese: haha, but I do agree with underpowered, trucks can be faster than you think, I wouldn't underestimate them.

Love this F150 460 power!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-EAs1zY02k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-EAs1zY02k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ron89
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM

but trucks i don't agree. you'd be suprised by many trucks out there. many are much quicker than what you would think. if you read my earlier post, with only a cam, headers, and a PCM in my truck i will be puttin down 300+ HP at the wheels, probably closer to 350hp. not to shabby for a truck, so one day you will be supirsed when you get your hiney handed to you by a big 4x4. PS. don't mess with deisels, most are pretty quick with only a tune, nothing else. they will surprise you.
I've NEVER ran into a fast truck to be honest. I've seen some descent ones but no fast ones. I'm not saying they're not out there, I'm just saying how often are you going to run into one? My friend has a hopped up Hemi Ram and it was no competition. They have a base hp of what, 345 or something? And with mods I'm sure it was higher. Horsepower is just a number. How it hits the ground is where it counts. That 345+ hp would kill me in a towing contest (imagine that, an sti/ram tow-off LOL) but that hp does nothing for racing. Most of the people I see rev their pick-ups as a joke and pull off a weak one wheeled burn-out. I agree, trucks may have more hp, but I never had a problem with one. The best part with my car is I drove it all day today and used almost no gas. As long as the rpms are below 4k and the turbo isn't spooling up, I can go all day. Then when I punch it, the power is there. Its like having a v8 w/o the bad mpg.

P.S. I DO NOT race my buddies on the street. My friend lost his sister in a car accident and thats enough reason to prevent street racing.

3exrider23
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
all im gonna say is you can put any amount of money into a car and make it fast. i know several guys who have cars that they do drive around on the street and will take pretty much any exotic in a quarter mile anyday. yeah thtere cars top out at like 200 but where are you gonna do that and when. i say if you really wanna go that fast just get a bike. and sure you can put money into your imports and whatnot and make them fast. just look at nopi. my cousin has a mustang gt with a blower on it. had about 500hp. we raced a 11 second civic. yeah we took it and whatnot but the thing had some balls for a car like that. i respect any car if its fast and you dont drive like a idiot for the most part

Toadz400
10-07-2007, 10:42 PM

Dude, no one said WRX's (or any Subaru for that matter) are ricers. I hate imports and I would kill to own a WRX STi. I've owned a few older ('80's) Subaru's and they were awesome off road machines.

Ron89
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Dude, no one said WRX's (or any Subaru for that matter) are ricers. I hate imports and I would kill to own a WRX STi. I've owned a few older ('80's) Subaru's and they were awesome off road machines.
I was under the impression that people think it was considering it is indeed an import. Ah well, I still get crap all the time from the old timers with the muscle cars and stuff. Especially since the STI stickers are pink LOL.

Most of the trucks around here that rev their engines at the stoplights have to do it to keep them running haha, but I do agree with underpowered, trucks can be faster than you think, I wouldn't underestimate them. LOL, isn't that the truth. You should see my old beater. Its an 88 lifted Suburban running open headers. You are constantly feathering the gas to keep her running and the whole time, flames are popping out of the pipes. I think its time to retire it haha. Not bad for a free ride though. That thing is wayyy too loud - The exhaust alone chokes you and burns your eyes.:eek2:

Franky G
10-09-2007, 04:35 AM
I got an 02 Corvette Z06 and theres no ricers that touches it. it will be the same with a Camaro, trans Am, Mustang..... don't put $20 000 in a civic go get a real car !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3631.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3712.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3720.jpg

Titanium
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Franky G
I got an 02 Corvette Z06 and theres no ricers that touches it. it will be the same with a Camaro, trans Am, Mustang..... don't put $20 000 in a civic go get a real car !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3631.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3712.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/FrankyG_1/Corvette%20Z06/IMG_3720.jpg

dude...you go get a real car. this ford festiva will beat you up, pee in your shoes and wax you in the quarter. go to bed.:o

KXRida
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Love this F150 460 power!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-EAs1zY02k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-EAs1zY02k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Not to bring up an old post, but I just had to comment this

haha reminds me of the time we race my buddy's sti in my friend's ranger. We only told him it had a 302 in it, but in all reality, it had a twin turbo 460 wedged in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtPN9YmHSZM (http://)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3j9d-FkXVE