PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice, buying an 03

Xplocivic
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
So I'm in the process of getting an 03 Rap660 and I was wondering if there is anything specific to that model year that I need to look out for. One way? Tranny? Whats the deal on this year Raptor? I've previously owned a MX ready Blaster, and a 400EX, both great quads, but I've always liked and wanted a Raptor. Its also the exact colors I wanted, black with the red accents and grill. The deal is insane, the only catch is there is no title, but I don't care. I know the bike isn't stolen so thats not an issue. Starts up nice and runs smooth. I rode it a little yesterday and it was a blast. The bike has been sitting for 3 years so I'll need to flush everything and probably clean the carbs. It has a new battery in it. The tires looked to be in good shape, no rot that I could see. The plastics are shiny with a little trail rash but nothing is broken. A little rock rash on the rims, but I had rock rash on new ITP rims within 3 days on my 400. Reverse engages nicely and overall I think its in cherry condition for an 03. He's asking $2500, and I think thats fair, if not a little cheap, but I'll be making out in the end I think. I'll be paying it off in a week or so, so any advice from this awesome forum would be super helpful. Thanks in advance.

mxscooter
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey civic
That's my exact machine. I picked it up last year for $3200, it needed a little maintenance that Bubba never did. Air filter, axle bearings and brakes. Everything else was tight and it didn't have many hours on it. It runs like a champ and has never let me down.
Sounds like a deal to me, just make sure the compression and leakdown check out and you're good. You don't wanna have any surprises.
BTW, I was pretty certain ATV's and dirtbikes don't have titles, just 'certificates of shipping' to the dealers. I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told a few times after buying new bikes :confused:

Good luck man

Xplocivic
10-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm kinda confused. Are you saying that you owned the Raptor I'm buying? Or you got one just like it? Not sure.