PDA

View Full Version : porting question

Ex_Rider43
11-02-2002, 06:45 PM
my friend did his own a porting on his stock banshee cylinders and he dynoed it at 55hp. that was better than his other motor that has a 404 vito big bore,powerhead and rg power porting.

my question is how do you port the head on a 400??? can you just port the intake and exhaust or you have to port the inside of the head??(where the valves are.)

I really need advice here and maybe some pics will help.

thanks

EricB
11-02-2002, 07:58 PM
people who do porting are ussaly pretty secretive about it. they don't want you to be able to find out their style, seems kinda dumb to me because you can't get measurements from a picture hah. especialy not for porting, i just wanna see it so i can grasp the concept.

Ex_Rider43
11-04-2002, 04:16 PM
any more advice guys???

josh
11-04-2002, 05:05 PM
if ya don't know much about it i wouldn't lay your hands on it....i know if it isn't precise it won't work right and if your buddy did his own job and was succesfull on his 2 stroke i would ask him to help ya out with it, cuz it is pretty complicated but basically, if you don't port in the right places it won't work right, and you have to open up some of the wholes a certain amount and go through and polish the crap out of the motor, so polished it looks like a mirror.......you get the idea, it's not simple........check this thread out http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31748