PDA

View Full Version : So what should my next mod be....

EX LONERIDER
10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
My bike is pretty much set up for this desert season.... whole new motor setup, new plastics, paddles, ( sand tires and wheels not shown) and a few other odd ends. ive been thinking between e new front tag bumper, cooler rack, maybe buy some polished case sides off of ebay to dress up the engine compartment more.... new seat? what do you guys think??

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7333/project440ex035pc5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7333/project440ex035pc5.eb1bc287d1.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=530&i=project440ex035pc5.jpg)

oleboy87
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
yea that sounds pretty good to me... but if you chunk that black seat you got, im looking for a black one...

tanner 222
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
if you have the money i would widen it out a bit or buy some nerfs. bike looks great though

gcart2
10-03-2007, 05:35 PM
graphics.

these
http://www.spasticdesigns.com/SDstoregraphicsatv400ex4.htm

fastredrider44
10-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Nerfs, then graphics. Looks good though. Keep the black seat. I like the way it goes against the white.

gcart2
10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
also
bumper
nerfs/pegs
and something different. something no1 has. like me... i am getting a tickel me elmo for the fornt of mine to put on my bumper.. i dont know what you could use... help me out guys

fastredrider44
10-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
also
bumper
nerfs/pegs
and something different. something no1 has. like me... i am getting a tickel me elmo for the fornt of mine to put on my bumper.. i dont know what you could use... help me out guys

Tickle Me Elmo? Ok. Yeah, I hope your fast enough to back that up. Bumper is another good idea though. Definatley get you some pegs and nerfs. You'll love them.

dariusld
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Turbo?

EX LONERIDER
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
sweet ideas guys! thanks... the tickle me elmo though, ill definately have to think about it... i figured a barney doll'd be fine but, ill have to be real fast in order to justify that one...:D

the seat im not sure if i'd wanna go with a hi-flite red or black or keep a stock seat deal but in red or keep the black...... the bumper ive thought about and hadn't found one i liked except for the tag metals bumper.

i built some new shrouds for it, removed the heel guards....

on the widening deal, i think i have pleanty of offset with my sand wheels setup.... i think it come's out to a +1 1/4 with the wheels i have... its just wide enough where its stable but really sharp cutting into turns and letting it hang out when i nail it...

the nerfs wont work out too good sincde im limited to where my bike fits in the truck.... unless i get a trailer i think ill have to hold on the nerfs. :(

ill get a current photo with the guards and off, the wider wheels on it, and the new shrouds...

dariusld
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
If they didn't help so much, I would run without nerfs,saved me a couple of times.

EX LONERIDER
10-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by dariusld
If they didn't help so much, I would run without nerfs,saved me a couple of times.

oh, i definately have had times where i wish i had them.... i know my leg would have appreciated them. :(

miller821
10-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by gcart2

I wonder whom you got that idea from?

espergre
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
get nerfs, they dont stick out past your wheels so it doesnt make quad any wider. Nerfs will not keep your quad from fitting into your truck bed. A sweet looking bumper will change appearence a lot.

gncc025
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
black wheels & graphics

EX LONERIDER
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by espergre
get nerfs, they dont stick out past your wheels so it doesnt make quad any wider. Nerfs will not keep your quad from fitting into your truck bed. A sweet looking bumper will change appearence a lot.

well, i only have a toyota shortbed pickup to haul all my desert gear in. space where the peags are at usually get packed with a tool box, ice chest and other essentials so no space is usually wasted in there........ im a mexican so i can pack a truck very well :D lol nah, but really, its usually packed to the rails. nerfs would kinda complicate things a bit.... :huh

honda8&3
10-04-2007, 01:23 PM
What about graphics? Maybe some Duncan's since you got their exhaust. Nerfs later on. Also black wheels would look sweet! Just paint your originals.:)

EX LONERIDER
10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
the black wheel idea aint bad... ive been thinking about that but i need something thats gonna hold up to the way i ride.... i tend to do alot of sliding around with the *** end out and tends to chew up and ding the outside of the wheels..... i think it may chip up or fade due to that...

the nerf's ill likely get later once i get a trailer... i just cant afford the room issues right now.

the graphics are a toss up since i like the real clean look with the plain white and the polished accents. i was gonna get another original decal for the exhaust but the no decal look grew on me.

fastredrider44
10-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Some simple factory looking graphics would be good. Don't paint your wheels though, its too easy to make them look like a hack job. Nerfs... If you had them, you would never go back. When I put mine in the bed of my truck, I stack stuff on top of my nerfs. And, find ya a bumper. I have an AC and like the way it looks.