PDA

View Full Version : ??!!?? 47.2 Hp !!??!!??

ohsobad_chevy
10-03-2007, 01:52 PM
2007 YFZ 450 SE
Sparks pipe
Uni Filter with no lid
"cam mod"
Jetted

Dynojet dyno at Little Sahara in OK.

Dude said that I should add 8 hp to get the flywheel numbers.
Sounds a little steep to me, what are some other YFZ's with similar mods making? :confused: :confused:

Trx4Life
10-03-2007, 04:17 PM
that 47.2 that with the 8hp?

Ride1Rob
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Ummmm :ermm: . That's kinda high #'s. I have port/polish, highcomp piston, WR crank, cams, dyna, ESR aiboxless intake w/ K&N, full Alba race system and I'm probably not over 55. Maybe somewhere like 53 so with your mods that does seem rather inflated. I have seen guys claim over 60 on bikes with a heck of alot more done to them than mine. But the stay tearing them down because of durability issues.

ohsobad_chevy
10-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Trx4Life
that 47.2 that with the 8hp?

No, that is to the ground. I thought the numbers were a little high, I thought around 40 HP would be more like it.

My question is.....is it possible?

250r4life
10-04-2007, 10:38 AM
GT thunder has a dyno sheet online that shows with an HMF full system, lid off, cam mod, rejetted... putting down 49+ HP...

on google type in YFZ 450 Dyno and it should be your 1st choice...

Ride1Rob
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Those #'s are wayyy inflated. Call sparks or rage and ask them what they're national race motors are putting out. I would think the average would be somewhere around 55hp for the average guys like us. Chris Williams (Pro Am GNC rider) had a 63hp LTR from Dee at Rage and that bike had some serious mods done to it. He actually had to tone it down because he couldn't use all of the power and the bike had problems hooking up at times. Also, he kept blowing through trannies. If a pipe, lid off, jets, and cam mod gives almost 10hp. Porting, Highcomp piston, aggressive cams, no airbox w/ better airflow filter, full race exhaust, full valve job w/ oversized valves, Dyna or Vortex CDI, race fuel, and who knows what else is done to some of those MX race bikes should give how much hp? LOL It's just hard for me to believe that If I put a pipe, jets, remove lid, and do cam mod on my bike that it'll compete with fully built motors that are only claiming 52-55hp. As a matter of fact, You see the mods in my sig. YFZ's with the same mods you say are putting up 49hp I've run with my bike and they're nowhere close to me.

250r4life
10-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Those #'s are wayyy inflated. Call sparks or rage and ask them what they're national race motors are putting out. I would think the average would be somewhere around 55hp for the average guys like us. Chris Williams (Pro Am GNC rider) had a 63hp LTR from Dee at Rage and that bike had some serious mods done to it. He actually had to tone it down because he couldn't use all of the power and the bike had problems hooking up at times. Also, he kept blowing through trannies. If a pipe, lid off, jets, and cam mod gives almost 10hp. Porting, Highcomp piston, aggressive cams, no airbox w/ better airflow filter, full race exhaust, full valve job w/ oversized valves, Dyna or Vortex CDI, race fuel, and who knows what else is done to some of those MX race bikes should give how much hp? LOL It's just hard for me to believe that If I put a pipe, jets, remove lid, and do cam mod on my bike that it'll compete with fully built motors that are only claiming 52-55hp. As a matter of fact, You see the mods in my sig. YFZ's with the same mods you say are putting up 49hp I've run with my bike and they're nowhere close to me.

man... i have no idea about dyno numbers... i was just saying that it was i had seen... i couldnt tell ya how accurate it is- couldnt tell what bikes should run what, and what different types of dynos read high and low...

personally, i havent dyno'd any of my bikes, and wont... i know that my bikes are dialed in and run well, so why do i care about how much HP they put out... all i care about is them running good so i can have fun when i dune, and i dont want to get beat up the hill...

i'll tell ya what... something that baffles me, and i woud love to know the answer... about every other week, during my lunch break i stop at a local shop just to check out whats there, what has been done, and just look at the many bikes there... every time i go there, there are nearly 20 brand new bikes with the engines out of them... as this isnt a dealership, and theyre brand new bikes, one would have to assume they are getting motor work done... this shop is always busy, and i know several others in town that are the same way... i imagine the shops in So. Cal arent any different... anywho... so i go to the imperial sand dunes about a dozen times a year, and spend quite a bit of time racing at the various hills... my question is- where are all these fast bikes? bikes are having mods done to them left and right, but i dont see very many fast bikes- and i race a lot of dudes...

last year i ran a filter, lid off, and the baffle out, and you wouldnt beleive me if i told you how few bikes actually beat me up the hill... i coudlnt count how many YFZ i lined up next to with full sparks systems and Hauler paddles (and who knows what else had been done) and left them several bike lengths behind...

so all these bikes are getting modded and are getting more power on the dyno...

so is it that 95+% of people suck at riding? or is it that these bikes dont come out of the shop any faster?

it honestly boggles my mind...

anywho... enough of my soap box....

point is- i didnt buy a bike to win dyno shootouts... i bought a bike to ride and smoke other bikes with...

Ride1Rob
10-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I've been there and done that also. But one thing you have to remember... Just because someone takes a bike to a shop and has motorwork done doesn't mean that it's quality motorwork. When you speak in terms or porting and such if not done right it can actually do more harm than good in terms of performance. Perfect example: A friend of mine with the same year bike that I have and the same exact mods other than he has a CP 13:5 to 1 highcomp piston and I have a JE. He also has stock cams and I have hotcams. His bike has the 9 inch NMotion and I have an Alba. His bike struggles with stock LTR's with baffles removed, lids off, and cherry bombs from start to topend. My bike pulls on them and leaves them sitting from start to top. 2 bikes with almost the same mods but built by 2 different shops. With that being said, There's no way your stock motor should run with a modded motor if it's built right. And like you said, it could also be the rider.

250r4life
10-05-2007, 06:29 PM
sounds like your buddies bikes is slower than when it was stock original- cuz even when i am riding the LTR's they are slow!!!

TWILES
10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
A WR450F STOCK is 40hp. When you uncork it.....(taking the lid off airbox, pipe, adjust carb-in a quad) it goes to 50hp. That is to the ground. I don't know why everyone thinks the YFZ would be much different. The WR and YFZ motors are really close. The exact cam lobes and piston being the only real difference and neither are that big of a deal because the difference isn't enough to make that big of a difference. Thats why no one buys new cams for the YFZ. The intake is almost exactly the same and the rotated exhaust is almost exactly the same as the YZ cams you would replace them with.

JR3
10-06-2007, 10:30 AM
on my yfz i have a 13.5 comp piston. ported and polished. cams. 06 crank. k and n with no lid. and a tc full system. but it was dynoed with the yoshi trc full system. full hinson clutch setup running on vp c12. it was dynoed at 52 horse and 37 ftlbs of torque. as soon as u shift into third on this thing. its just like wow.

heres just a pic of the motor when it had the yoshi.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/101_5790.jpg

Ride1Rob
10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
A WR450F STOCK is 40hp. When you uncork it.....(taking the lid off airbox, pipe, adjust carb-in a quad) it goes to 50hp. That is to the ground. I don't know why everyone thinks the YFZ would be much different. The WR and YFZ motors are really close. The exact cam lobes and piston being the only real difference and neither are that big of a deal because the difference isn't enough to make that big of a difference. Thats why no one buys new cams for the YFZ. The intake is almost exactly the same and the rotated exhaust is almost exactly the same as the YZ cams you would replace them with.

You're talking about a dirtbike here. We all know that if you line up a 450 dirtbike and a 450 quad that dirt bike will hookup and pull faster and harder than a quad will. If you were able to take that WR motor and put it in a YFZ frame the power to the ground probably wouldn't be the same. I don't know how much the WR motors are putting out but you're not going to get that out of a YFZ with a pipe. I heard Natalie himself say a couple of years ago that his 450R was only around 56hp. Guess he only had a pipe, cams, and highcomp piston to get that (lol). God only knows what kind of hp he would have had if it would have been a fully built race motor:eek:

trailwart
10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
you made 47 to the rear wheels with no lid, piped and jetted. seen many dyno sheets with similar results. if the plus 8 is on the 47, so he said it should be 55 at the crank? the crank doesnt matter!! the max hp doesnt matter!! what matters is when your making the power. ive seen some dyno sheets from 50+hp motors and wasnt impressed with most of the curves. lay your dyno over a stock dyno run and see how much power your making at different rpm's over stock. you guys that are saying he's not getting 47 at the rear wheels with his mods need to do a little searching, you will see many dyno sheets with the same results

cbrooks118
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
got mine dyno'ed at LS three weeks ago.

Cam mod
full pulsecharger exhaust
pro flow intake with K&N/outwear no lid
168m 48 pilot 20 leak jet
Barnett clutch

and i got 47.8

He didnt tell me anything about +8 to HP at the crank though

My buddy has an 06 450r with a big bore, and head work, exhaust and filter, he got 52.2

trailwart
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
thats what im saying, 47 is easy with a few mods...