PDA

View Full Version : New Tires 2 B or Not 2 B...

charlie211
10-03-2007, 06:18 AM
When is the best time to replace your tires? My rears get stuck in even the smallest mudholes, but they do power up hiles and dig around turns. It looks like the previous owner may have been doing burnouts on the asphault, because this bike is only a year old. At $250 a set (Hole Shots), including rims, how long do they last under constant every weekend day riding?

jonridesz400
10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
ive got regular holeshots on my 03 and they are about a year old i also just bought it and think that he did a burnout or two... but mine still cook up teh hills like u said but i still have about aninch height on them.

jonboy
10-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Kenda Knarly Klaws IMO are a great tire. I keep recomending them to everyone that trail rides on a regular basis. They hook up great and have a very long wear life to them. Plus you can get them for about $50 a tire.

Flynbryan19
10-03-2007, 07:40 PM
The klaws are good tires. They perform average. If you want a combo that works AWSOME get a set of Razr2 fronts and standard Razr rears.

If your tires are over half worn its most likely for new ones.

mbjtlr
10-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I have Razr 2s all the way around and love them. You cant slide them as easily, but they HOOK UP in about everything I've thrown at them. They seem to be wearing very well. I dont ride on asphalt that much and I try to be sensible when I do. I ride in alot of rocky, root infested, and slick mountain trails. They are the best I've run and gotten me out/up places that I havent been able to before. I got them last winter and they still look fairly new. Plus no plugs or flats since I've put them on. They are worth the extra $ to me.

mojavedude
10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
Kenda Knarly Klaws IMO are a great tire. I keep recomending them to everyone that trail rides on a regular basis. They hook up great and have a very long wear life to them. Plus you can get them for about $50 a tire.

i second that. there really great tires. i got about 10 rides on mine and they still look new and hook up well. $30 cheaper a tire too then razrs. im sure those are good tires too but the klaws are cheap, wear slow and hook up well.

just a tip, if you putting them on stock rims, getting the stock tires off is a pain, get the stuff called murphy's oil soap. i tried getting one tire off, and i coulnt do it after a half hour. used that stuff and it poped right off in a few minutes.

cbrooks118
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I currently have holeshots all the way around my YFZ. I dont think they were made for my type of riding. the trails in my area are clay and rocky, and they seem to be showing wear quite a bit. I have had some razors in the past on my 250r and they seemed to hold up better

My friends have the holeshot gncc series and they also seem to be holding up better.

Those three (holeshots, gncc holeshots, razors) are the only aftermarkets ones i can vouge for.

Now the sand is a different story Live and leanr and by skat traks no substitutes