PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust shocks?

charger90
10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Im about 250lb and my 07 450r's shock setup is the way it came from the factory. Can anyone give me some advice on how to adjust the front and rear so it doesnt shake me to death at the dunes. And what is the best setting for someone my size?

pro-rider46
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
you should send them out to get revavled. cause you are way to heavy for you ( not calling you fat), they only have a little of adjustment, check out c and d racing's forum in the site sponsors section, that should help.

TWILES
10-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree. You should send them off. I used to weigh 220 and could get just about any shock right where I wanted it. I gained 30lbs (half muscle and half fat) in a year and bought a 2004 450R and could not get the shocks where I wanted them because you can't. They don't have that much adjustability. The springs and internals are WAY too soft. You end up with the compression as hard as it will go and the rebound 3/4 as fast as it will go with the spring so tight that it kills you. I had mine so tight that I didn't even squat the bike more than an inch sitting on it and they beat me to death riding and bottomed from 3-4 feet. Its almost like they are made backwards. Too hard on top and way too soft on bottom. Send them to someone who can make them ZPS's. You'll love them then.

maticus
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
for now you can try adjusting the rebound ( the flat head screw on the bottom of the shock) turning it one way speeds up the time it takes the shock to return to normal and the other way slows it down. i believe if your getting the shakes that you need to slow the rebound down, but getting the revalves helps mass.